Abu Dhabi City Highlights Tour: Sheikh Zayed Mosque and Heritage Village
As you travel around town, listen to your guide’s stories about the city and, of course, its fascinating sights. Luckily, your first stop is at one of Abu Dhabi’s undisputed best: Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan Mosque, or the grand mosque, as it is more simply known. Head inside to learn about the monument and marvel at its sheer size and grandeur. The stunning building can accommodate some 40,000 worshipers inside its walls, making it one of the world’s largest mosques.
Hop back inside your minivan and travel the short distance to Zayed Centre, a museum dedicated to the late Sheikh Zayed – a leader affectionately known by his people as the ‘father of the nation.’ Step inside and browse an impressive collection of Zayed memorabilia, seeing photos, his cherished cars and, even, gifts of stuffed lions and cheetahs.
After learning about the man who is said to have shaped the UAE, travel to your final stop of the tour: Abu Dhabi Heritage Village. The open-air museum showcases life in the city before the discovery of oil, so look out for recreated souqs (markets) as well a traditional Bedouin camp complete with goat-hair tents.
Finish your tour with a drive along the Corniche with its famous white-sand beach, and then say goodbye to your guide back at the start point.
- Transport by coach
- Entry/Admission - Heritage Village
- Entry/Admission - Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- IMPORTANT : There is a mandatory dress code for entry to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Abu Dhabi.
- Dress Code is loose long trousers or long skirts reaching the ankles and long sleeves reaching the wrists. Shoulders must be covered. No shorts for men, no tight or transparent clothing, no visible tattoos. Women must bring a scarf to cover their heads.
- For guests visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, it is not possible to rent an abaya (local dress) at the Mosque Center. However, for emergency situations guests can purchase an abaya with our tour guide during the tour for a small cost covering amount.
- You will be refused entry if you do not comply to the dress code
- Kindly note that Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center has announced their new entry procedures with immediate effect. This includes a registration with general information for each guest (name/nationality/gender/etc. …) before proceeding with the mosque visit.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- “Zayed Center Abu Dhabi is closed for renovation and will be replaced with a Date market visit and a photo-stop at Louvre Abu Dhabi “.
- Most travelers can participate
Top rate tour guides. We had a wonderful time.
Certainly wasn't all that interesting and seemed a bit disjointed and disorganised. Would be helpful if there was information prior to the tour about approved attire for the Mosque. Wish we had left this one off the itinerary
Yes, I accept that this was a 'highlights' tour, but there were a couple of things that could be left out to enable the group to spend more time at the Sheik Zayed Mosque. The guide was good, but dual language tours tend to reduce interest when your language is not being spoken. Overall, a good tour, but room for improvement.
It was a wonderful day tour with the guide. I learned so much about the city and culture from her because she was very knowledgeable. I had a lot of questions and she willingly explained to me and others to share. Thank you very much!