A Ghanaian Village Experience Tour
Departure from Accra Hotel/ Residence at 8:00 am to Torgorme in an air conditioned 4x4/ Sedan provided by Landtours
• 10:00 am arrival at Torgome in the Volta Region where you'll receive a traditional African name and become a member of an African village. Then learn about and try your hands in one of the local industries of the village such as pottery or fish farming.
• 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm Enjoy lunch on your own at the VRA Guest House located near the breathtaking Volta Lake, the biggest man made lake in Africa. 1:15 depart Lunch to Shai Hills Reserve
• Arrive at Shai Hills Reserve at around 1:40 pm. The Shai Hills Nature Reserve combines nature conservation, rich cultural and archaeological sites with splendid scenic beauty. Trek through the Savannah plains to view West Africa’s big game: antelopes, bush-bucks, krobs, baboons, monkeys, and many bird species including the crested eagle, ground hornbill, blank bellied bustard and more.
• Visit the Obonu Tem & Se Yo Caves which Serve as home to many animals, notably insectivorous bats. Learn about the various artifacts that have been found on this very site (homeland to the Krobbo people)
• 4:00 pm depart to Accra and Arrive at Accra Hotel/ Residence at 5:30pmRoad transportation in air conditioned vehicle
• A trained driver/ tour guide to escort the group for duration of tour (Fluent in English)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All Fees and Taxes
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
If you're visiting Accra, this tour is a MUST. It was an amazing experience and my guide was great and the tours were personal. The location guides were very knowledgeable and knew all the history behind the places. Going to the village was an amazing and humbling experience that anyone should do, especially if you're African-American and haven't been to Africa before. The elders, the women, the children were all welcoming and amazing. You even get to see how the make pots right in front of you from the first step to the last. This tour leaves a lasting impression of Ghana's beauty. 5 stars and would recommend to anybody!