Adelaide Super Saver: Adelaide City Sightseeing Tour plus Barossa Valley and Hahndorf Tour
Get to know Australia's 'festival city' on a full morning coach tour of the city surrounds, with the option of including a river cruise and a visit to Adelaide Zoo to meet the giant pandas. You’ll visit the North Terrace with its mix of historic and modern buildings and uncover the city’s past through its memorials, statues and plaques.
Take a stroll along Rundle Mall, Australia’s first shopping street mall, see Colonel Light’s Lookout, named after the founder and town planner of Adelaide, then head to the beach and the quaint town of Glenelg.
No trip to Adelaide would be complete without a visit to Haigh’s Chocolates (closed on Sunday). Relax with a cup of tea or coffee while sampling the region’s finest milk and dark chocolates.
If you take the option to cruise the Torrens River, enjoy a 40-minute journey on the city’s beloved ferry service, the Popeye, first launched in 1935. The cruise takes in views of the city center from the water, and stops at the Adelaide Zoo, where you also have the option of meeting the giant pandas!
Wang Wang and Funi are the only giant pandas in the southern hemisphere and the first to live permanently in Australia. Visit the state-of-the-art exhibit to learn more about pandas and how they survive in the forests of China today.
Day Two: Barossa Valley and Hahndorf Tour (8 hours, must be taken within seven days)
Combine the German flavors of Hahndorf and the fine wines of the Barossa Valley on your day trip from Adelaide. Leaving Adelaide, the day trip takes you through the leafy green Adelaide Hills, only 30 minutes away from the city yet so far removed from the big-city bustle.
Stretch your legs at Lyndoch, the gateway to the Barossa Valley and enjoy morning tea (included). Next, you’ll continue through the old mill town of Woodside before visiting two Barossa Valley vineyards to sample the region’s fine wines. Lunch is served at Keaslers Winery restaurant, where you can sample more Barossa Valley wines and gourmet regional produce.
End your day with coffee or tea and a German streusel (own expense) in the tranquil German settlement of Hahndorf, filled with the atmosphere and aromas of old Bavaria, before returning to the city.
- Morning tea in Barossa Valley
- Lunch in Barossa Valley
- Wine tasting in Barossa Valley
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Torrens River cruise (if option selected)
- Adelaide Zoo (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Adelaide Zoo
- Entry/Admission - Haigh's Chocolates Visitor Centre
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note: The Barossa Valley tour does not need to be taken on the second day, but must be within 7 days of the Adelaide city tour. You'll be required to reconfirm both tours at least 24 hours prior to the Adelaide city tour departure date.
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Not recommended for child aged 18 and under for Barossa Valley
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Both these tours were very good. The guides were very knowledge about the history of Adelaide. The wineries were very good. Hahndorf was interesting with the German flavour. The guide made sure the group stayed together when needed
Excellent day, well worth a visit
Adelaide City Sightseeing Tour was a waste of time. We drove round the city one could have taken the city free bus as the commentary was routine and boring and had one stop at St Peters. The church was beautiful so worth a visit. We did not visit Colonel Lights Lookout nor did we drove out to the coastal town of Glenelg - both were on Viator's itinerary but not on the Adelaide Sightseeing Day Tours brochure on the bus. Visit to Haighs Chocolates was just for people to buy chocolates. Two stars for Adelaide City Sightseeing Tour. The full day Barossa Valley and Hahndorf tour was good, especially with a good driver/guide in Matin which did make a lot of difference. Lunch was also enjoyable. Pity the rain came down on us at Hahndorf. This tour is worth 4 stars and one of the best tours available in Adelaide. It is OK if you do the two together with a discount but DO NOT pay 66 just for the city sightseeing.
The tour was excellent the guide was very informative about the history along the way. The meal at Barossa Chatuea was delicious. I would recommend these tours to anyone. The coach was very comfortable.
We had a really good day out, highly informative and enjoyed it all.