Barossa Valley with Hahndorf Tour from Adelaide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lyndoch Heritage Walk, Barossa Valley Way, Lyndoch, South Australia Australia
Stop at Lyndoch Bakery to buy morning tea (own expense)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: 730 Seppeltsfield Rd, Seppeltsfield, South Australia 5355 Australia
Wine Tastings. Time to explore the Jam Factory and surrounds
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wolf Blass, 97 Sturt Highway, Nuriootpa, South Australia Australia
Tour of winery with tastings of Wolf Blass and Penfolds Wine. 2 Course Lunch is served here.
Duration: 1 hour 40 minutes
Stop At: Hahndorf Academy, 68 Main St, Hahndorf, South Australia 5245 Australia
Stop in the town of Hahndorf and explore this old German Settlement
Duration: 1 hour
- Winery Lunch
- Wine Tastings
- Professional Driver/Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Seppeltsfield
- Entry/Admission - Wolf Blass
- Wine is available to be purchased during lunch
- Entry/Admission - Lyndoch Heritage Walk
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years to consume alcohol
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travelers
Excellent choice of vineyards and generous portions of wines for tasting. Lunch was delicious and the chocolate tart dessert was outstanding.
We had a small group who thoroughly enjoyed the tour, from the wine tasting, learning about the history of the area, and the knowledgeable driver, to the beautiful scenery. Very tasty lunch, with generous tastings of the wines. Staff where friendly and helpful.
I received a last minute phone call telling me that I would have to go on the 1st instead of the 30th, even though I specifically booked the day I chose for a reason. The tour guide more or less just rambled as we drove endlessly. The first wine tasting was neat, and informative. But when we went to Wolf Blass, it was a joke. The wine rep rushed us through the tasting and poured nominal tastes for us. I would say at the end of the day, I probably had about 2.5 glasses of wine. When you consider how expensive this trip is, that's definitely not worth it. It didn't feel comfortable or friendly. And it was more of a pain than anything else. Lunch was overrated. Not sure who wants a giant steak lunch in the middle of a tasting, nibbles work best for pairings and trying. But since lunch was at Wolf Blass, it was even more bland. Don't do this one, you'd be better off.
We did enjoy the tour on the 27 February with a few exceptions, we were sitting halfway down the bus and had trouble hearing the drivers commentary which was annoying. I did make him aware of it and he did turn his mike up a knotch but we still struggled to hear him and gave up asking again. the winery tour to Seppeltsfield was really good but very rushed after the wine tasting we only had about 15 mins to look around which was disappointing. The Hahndorf visit was good as was driving through the Adelaide hills, again we couldn't hear the drivers commentary on the local history. All in all a few improvements but a nice afternoon.
I really enjoyed the tour and absolutely loved Hahndorf. I felt the winery component of this tour was very rushed and lunch was lovely.
Very well organized and conducted.