Kangaroo Island in a Day Tour from Adelaide
Take in the scenery as you drive to Seal Bay Conservation Park where Australian sea lions sunbathe and frolic on a stunning beach. Meet a National Parks Ranger for a guided walk on the beach and get a close look at the sea lion colony.
Leave the sea lions and head to gorgeous Vivonne Bay for a delicious 2-course lunch at Vivonne Bay Bistro. Large windows and a sun deck allow you to look for critters like kangaroos and koalas in the native bush that surrounds the building.
See more wildlife after lunch when you stop at Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary. Koalas lounge in the eucalyptus groves and echidnas, kangaroos and wallabies roam free on the large predator-free property. Then continue to the rugged southern coast of Flinders Chase National Park for a walk among the giant granite boulders called Remarkable Rocks. Snap photos of a natural rock archway named Admirals Arch, gaze over the Cape Du Couedic coastline and observe the antics of long-nosed fur seals as they play and laze about on the rocks. Throughout the day, your expert guide shares facts about the wildlife and history of the island.
After a day exploring the natural beauty of Kangaroo Island, return to Penneshaw or Kingscote Airport, keeping your eyes peeled for more kangaroo and wallaby sightings. Then travel by air or ferry and coach back to Adelaide where your tour ends.
- Lunch - 2-course lunch
- Live commentary on board
- Transport by air-conditioned coach (if option selected)
- Commercial flight to/from Kangaroo Island (if option selected)
- Round-trip cruise (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Seal Bay Guided Tour
- Hanson Bay Sanctuary Koala Walk
- Entry/Admission - Flinders Chase National Park
- Entry/Admission - Seal Bay Conservation Park
- Entry/Admission - Hanson Bay Wildlife Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Admirals Arch
- Entry/Admission - Remarkable Rocks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes
- Please bring light jacket and sun protection
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
I highly recommend this experience. It was well-organized and very informative. We took the ferry over and flew back. I'd recommend that as well. The water is calmer in the morning (can't really see much from the ferry so it's not like you whale watch, etc.) . But flying back was great because we were back in our hotel beds before people who didn't fly even left Kangaroo Island.
Long day, but well worth it.Sights were amazing, driver/tour guide was great, even lunch was far better than I expected especially as I have a gluten intolerance and a dairy allergy. Overall, an fabulous day. I would highly recommend taking a flight back though, as day was long and tiring and so the extra cost was well worth it!
Great place and passionate guides made this trip excellent. The day was very intense with a lot of diverse places visited if you have more time, two days may be a better option to really explore all the gems on the island, but this trip still managed to leave us satisfied that we seen a lot
An excellent day, we did the coach and ferry out and the flight back totally recommend doing that as a very long day otherwise. Our tour guide was excellent everything timed to perfection. We saw Kangaroos, koalas, Sea lions and seals all in the wild and amazing scenery a day well worth doing.
I really enjoyed being able to see so much in one day. Hanson's and Admiral's Arch were high points for me. It was very hot in late February. Even though they had water available on the side of the coach, only tiny cups were provided. I felt dehydrated all day. If we had been given larger cups or bottles to refill, that could have been avoided. The guide, Mr Wilson, was fantastic and interesting to listen to.
Wonderful tour. We saw so many animals that were spectacular. The seals at Seal Bay were awesome. Just walking around everywhere. You can't get close to them to pet, but close enough to take wonderful pictures. Our tour guide, Jackqueline was great too. She told us so much information. Also saw the fur seals from New Zealand that were laying around on the rocks. Saw kangaroos from a distance. You won't be disappointed, so sign up to take this tour. Just so much fun.