Mount Lofty Descent Bike Tour from Adelaide
Take a break from the gentle ride to get up close and personal with Australia’s native creatures that live in the conservation area. Greet gentle wallabies, feed emus and maybe even pat a koala. Wander through the park, admiring other wildlife rarely found outside Australia, before relaxing for early morning tea. Hop back on your bike to traverse trails and spot more of the creatures that call the conservation park home.
The downhill ride continues through Chambers Gully, an offshoot of Waterfall Gully that houses old ruins, springs and many koalas snoozing high in the trees. Experience more of the breathtaking views during your descent through beautiful natural surroundings, taking in the sight of the city from high above it. Finish your journey through the bushland on a path that leads you into Adelaide’s quiet roads and suburbs. After experiencing a different view of the city pedaling through South Australia’s capital, you’re transported back to your hotel.
- Transport by air-conditioned 4WD vehicle to the summit of Mount Lofty
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Cleland Wildlife Park
- Entry/Admission - Mount Lofty Summit
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 11 and under
- This tour operates with a maximum of nine people
- Please wear comfortable clothing suitable for bike riding. Closed-toe shoes are essential
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Absolutely perfect! It was a lovely day with a lovely view. Our guide, Matt, was in no hurry to get us down the 'mountain'. We took our time feeding the kangaroos and admiring the teeth of the Tasmanian devil. Matt also gave us lots of warning on the 'tricky' bits of the trail which, mostly, weren't all that tricky. The bikes were in excellent shape, with good braking and a lot of traction. If you're after a challenging ride, this isn't for you. But for the traveler just wanting to get out and enjoy the scenery, it's perfect!
Brilliant but quite scary at the start if, like me, you haven't been on a bike for many years. Ian was fantastic, very patient and helpful. The stop at the wildlife park was great, petting a koala and feeding the Kangaroos. Also coffee and cake which was very welcome. Thoroughly enjoyable and great value.