Self-Guided Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Hike from Adelaide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterfall Gully, Adelaide, Greater Adelaide, South Australia
Following a morning pickup at your Adelaide hotel, take the scenic drive out of the city toward Waterfall Gully — the trailhead of Adelaide’s most popular hike. On arrival, watch the spectacular First Falls sparkling in the morning sunshine then set off at your own pace.
During your hike, follow the 2.5-mile (3.9-km) trail past cascading waterfalls and along winding streams, and admire panoramic views from the tall gully ridges. Stop along the way to admire the beautiful scenery and fully immerse yourself in the natural environment.
Listen as native birds chirp in the trees and enjoy the scent of eucalyptus trees on the air. As you explore, keep an eye out for sleepy koalas high in the gum trees and kangaroos grazing in the bush.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide Hills, Greater Adelaide, South Australia
At the summit of Mt Lofty, take in panoramic views of the city buildings, parklands and the iconic Adelaide Oval below. Be sure to look out across the plains to the coastal town of Glenelg and the far reaches of Port Adelaide. On a clear day, you may even see Kangaroo Island!
Perhaps relax and enjoy coffee or brunch at The Summit Café (own expense). Then, head back down to Waterfall Gully and meet your pureSA driver for the return to your Adelaide hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected city hotels only)
- Trail orientation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- PLEASE NOTE - various track works and detours are in place on this trail until December 2019. This will necessitate route and timing modifications which will be advised on the day.
- This hike is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total return walking distance is 7.8km.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or young children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear clothing and footwear suitable for bushwalking.
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend you bring a refillable water bottle.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
Though demanding in places this is a no miss walk. A big variety of bird life and the occasional koala and kangaroo are to be seen. If you're walking both ways then recommend the Chinese Hutt track and Adventure track for the return journey. Transport well organised with pleasant and informative driver.
I'm glad I joined the tour. It was just fabulous. Nice walk, nice weather, nice view, nice experience with a super nice guide!