Small Group Bush Walk & BBQ with Wine Day Trip from Adelaide
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: pureSA, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 Australia
Depart from Adelaide city and enjoy the drive to the trailhead of Morialta Conservation Park. Start your morning adventure as the bush beings to wake from its night slumber.
Stop At: Morialta Conservation Park, Stradbroke Road 10km North East of Adelaide, Woodforde, South Australia 5072 Australia
As you follow the trails, discover amazing rock faces, gorges and seasonal waterfalls cascading over sheer quartzite cliffs. Witness the dawn colours bounce on the spectacular rugged vistas and capture the sense of nature while discovering the natural wonders of this national reserve.
Morialta is the best place in Adelaide where you can see koalas in the wild! It offers rich biodiversity where many native animals can be spotted including the occasional kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools and the higher slopes of the gorge offer a perfect habitat to several species of frogs and small lizards such as geckos, skinks, and dragons.
Listen to the sounds and observe the many native birds such as the Superb Fairy-wren, rare Golden Whistler, Rainbow Lorikeet and the iconic Laughing Kookaburra. Use the supplied binoculars and see how many species you can discover. Every winter and spring the park is abundant with native wildflowers including many delicate and colourful orchid species.
Duration: 3 hours
- Small group tour (maximum 8)
- National park fees
- Experienced guide
- Morning snack
- Gourmet barbecue lunch with glass of wine
- Return transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Pickup and drop-off from Adelaide City accommodation
- Entry/Admission - Morialta Conservation Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for child aged 12 and under
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This is a moderate graded hike. The total distance walked is approximately 7 km over 3 hours. It involves some steep inclines and rocky, uneven surfaces and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
The tour was really good. The tour guides were very friendly and informative on history, environment and the animals we encountered. The trek was not too strenuous. The winery was lovely and the talk by the ow we was extremely interesting about the ecosystem. Plenty of food and wine was enjoyed too.