Small Group Gourmet Barossa Valley Day Trip from Adelaide
Drive to Angaston and sample cheeses at Barossa Cheese Co., then head to the magnificent Seppeltsfield Winery. See its 100-year-old palm-lined boulevard, to begin your wine tasting journey.
Head to Maggie Beer’s Farm Shop in Nuriootpa. Here, you can view and sample Maggie’s world-renowned products, with the option to purchase if you wish. You can also see the set where Maggie films 'The Cook and the Chef.'
Experience a panoramic view over the Barossa Valley at Mengler’s Hill Lookout and Sculpture Park.
Take an optional 10-minute helicopter flight over part of the Barossa Valley, allowing you to enjoy a bird’s eye view of this beautiful wine growing region (extra charge applies). If you are interested in this experience, please advise at time of booking.
By now you will be ready for lunch, as the group travels to Lou Miranda Restaurant and Winery where you will sample their quality wines. Select a glass of your favorite wine to accompany your choice of main course from their a la carte menu. If you prefer, explore Tanunda where you can purchase your own lunch, with a choice of over 20 eateries within a 500-meter strip on the main street.
After lunch, travel to Kellermeister Cellar Door to sit back and sample their premium wines, cider, and delicious chocolate liqueur.
Enjoy a special treat at Schild Estate to finish your tasting journey. Indulge in 5 handmade chocolate truffles paired with Schild Estate wines (for the non-chocolate lovers, enjoy a gourmet cheese platter instead).
The last stop is a visit to the Whispering Wall in Williamstown – a 9-story high reservoir built in approximately 1900 where words spoken in a whisper at one end can be heard clearly at the other end of the wall 140-meters away. It’s hard to believe, but the wall really does whisper!
Indulge in a complimentary box of chocolates on the drive home, before being dropped off at your Hahndorf, Glenelg or Adelaide CBD accommodation.
- A la carte lunch with a glass of wine (if selected)
- Wine and cider tasting
- Cheese and chocolate tasting
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Optional helicopter flight over the Barossa Valley (extra charge applies). If you are interested in this experience, please advise at time of booking.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- We will contact you 24 hours prior to tour to advise of pick up time
- A minimum of 2 passengers is required for the tour to depart. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
We had Rudi take my husband and I through the Barossa Valley. Not only was he informative and entertaining, but the tour was great from small wineries to larger ones and no waiting time at any of them forsampling the beautiful wines. You could tell that the company wanted to give you a great day out and they were very professional and attentive at all times. I would definitely book with them again and recommend them to family and friends. Thank you Rudi for a great day out! Marian and Terry from Fremantle WA