Ultimate Adelaide City and Hahndorf Tour
Stop and visit the iconic St Peters Cathedral or the newly developed Adelaide Oval then travel through the city's east on the way to the Haigh's Chocolates for a factory tour and tastings of this famous South Australian chocolate. Return to the city via the South Parklands, West Terrace and North Terrace.
Note: The morning tour will stop at 12pm on King William Street near Rundle Mall. Passengers can choose to disembark here to get some lunch and make their own way back to the ACBS by 1pm or stay onboard the coach that will return to the ACBS at 12:15pm. Clients then have free time to purchase their own lunch before boarding the Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf tour at 1.15pm for the afternoon part of their full day tour.
The afternoon tour commences with a scenic drive to Mount Lofty Summit, Adelaide’s highest peak. Take in the spectacular views of the city and the coastline - a perfect photo opportunity. Wind your way through the villages of Crafers, Stirling, Aldgate and Bridgewater. Stop at the Beerenberg Farm Shop for time to taste and purchase some products (own expense) before arriving at Hahndorf, Adelaide’s oldest German settlement.
Spend the afternoon exploring the main street, sample local handmade produce, and check out the local arts and crafts before afternoon tea or a traditional German beer tasting at the iconic Hahndorf Inn Hotel.
- Adelaide City Highlights
- St Peter's Cathedral and Adelaide Oval
- Free time for lunch at a local cafe or Central Markets (own expense)
- Afternoon tea or beer tastings at the iconic Hahndorf Inn Hotel
- Free time to explore the main street of Hahndorf
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch is not included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Haigh's Chocolates Tour does not operate on Sundays & SA Public Holidays – itinerary will be changed to include a visit to the National Wine Centre. The National Wine Centre is located on the edge of Adelaide’s stunning Botanic Gardens. Passengers will have free time to explore the iconic building with the opportunity to purchase morning tea at the café or taste wine from the extensive Australian wine collection. The National Wine Centre will be closed on Good Friday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years’ Day so further time will be spent exploring the city.
- The morning tour will stop at 12.00pm on King William Street near Rundle Mall. Passengers can choose to disembark here to get some lunch & make their own way back to the Adelaide Central Bus Station by 1pm or stay onboard the coach that will return to the ACBS at 12:15pm. Clients then have free time to purchase their own lunch before boarding at 1.15pm for the afternoon part of their full day tour.
- This tour combines the Adelaide City Highlights and the Adelaide Hills & Hahndorf tours.
- Tour does not operate on Christmas Day
We were scheduled to do this tour on Saturday however due to shortage of other patrons the tour was split to Hahndorf Tour on Saturday afternoon and Ultimate Adelaide City on Sunday morning The Hahndorf reschedule was fine and worked a treat and our guide Marty was very good the reschedule of the Ultimate Adelaide City to Sunday morning was a little disappointing in that the long awaited Haighs Tour was unavailable closed on Sunday the replacement location of the National Wine Centre was underwhelming - we were put and the front door and left to our own devices and fighting a conference crowd for a coffee
These two tours were excellent. Our tour guide was just awesome with his knowledge of Adelaide. Plus his terrific sense of humor. The history of Adelaide with its building, monuments and parks was great.....as was our trip to Mt Lofty and along to Hahndorf. Highly recommend these tours.