2-hour Private Valley of the Temples Tour in Agrigento
The archaeological park and landscape of the Valley of the Temples is the largest archaeological site in the world with 1,300 hectares, but the term 'valley' is a misnomer, the site being located on a ridge outside the town of Agrigento.
Through this tour you will have the chance to admire the magnificent Doric temples of the sacred hill, as the Temple of Hera (Juno), the Temple of Concordia, Temple of Herakles (Hercules), the Temple of Zeus (Jupiter) and Sanctuary of chthonic deities.
Follow the steps and the words of your expert guide and you will also understand the culture that led to the construction of those majestic structures and you will get to know the characters that made Akragas 'the most beautiful city of mortals'.
- Private tour
- Expert tour guide
- Entrance ticket cost is approximately €10.
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Please note that this tour does not include any entrance tickets.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes, and take with you some water and sunscreen.
- Please note that this experience does not include transportation to the selected place.
- If the weather conditions are too bad to do the tour safely, the activity will be cancelled and you'll be given a full refund
Rosaria was a great guide, answered all of our questions patiently, and was very knowledgeable about the temples, the city, and its history. Would definitely recommend!
Our guide Sergio was excellent. The six of us just loved his expertise in helping us understand the past. Great tour.
Excellent tour. Very informative!
Guide was very passionate and so knowledgable .. We learned so much and were very pleased with the tour!
I'm so glad that we decided to have a private guide to visit the Valley of the Temples as she made a huge difference helping us to understand the history behind these incredible temples. 2 hours full of history, art and anecdotes which helped to appreciate even more what this land has to offer. Totally recommend