Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunrise
Your pilot begins the process of inflating the balloon when you arrive. Watch the fascinating transformation of the balloon as it fills up. You can even help out the crew during the inflation process for a more hands-on experience.
After a safety briefing, step into the balloon’s basket and take to the skies with your professional pilot. As you float high above the ground, enjoy incredible birds-eye views of Albuquerque and the Rio Grande Valley. Capture great photos of the Rio Grande River and the Sandia Mountains, the 17-mile (26-km) mountain range located to the east of Albuquerque.
Your pilot determines the route for the day depending on the wind’s direction. You may fly over the city of Albuquerque and even dip low enough to wave at people or skim the Rio Grande River. Then soar back up into the air again to get panoramic views of the New Mexico landscape. Throughout your flight, your pilot shares informative commentary about the landscape beneath you.
You can also hear first-hand accounts of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, the world's largest hot-air balloon festival that takes place every October with some 750 balloons participating.
After approximately one hour in the air, your pilot lands the balloon and the ground crew comes to meet you. Celebrate your flight with a complimentary glass of sparkling wine and a light continental breakfast. Then receive a flight certificate to commemorate your hot-air balloon experience before returning to the original starting point (with optional hotel drop-off paid to the tour operator).
- Professional guide
- Scenic hot air balloon flight
- Champagne toast
- Light continental breakfast
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (can be requested at an additional fee directly through the tour operator)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Not recommended for participants with knee problems
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Flights can only be operated with safe winds, clear sky and no rain. In case of unsuitable weather conditions, you will be provided the option to take the tour on an alternative date or be refunded in full.
- A maximum of 12 people per balloon
This was a fantastic experience made even better by the friendly customer service and professionalism of the crew. We always felt safe and secure while enjoying this hot air balloon ride and our pilot, Dean, was informative as well as humorous throughout the flight!!
Incredible. Easy to book. Super nice staff. Great ride...smooth! Highly recommend this adventure. Folks in my balloon ranged in age from about 10-80 years old and everyone had a great time. Safe, knowledgable, professional, pilot and ground crew. Recommend sunrise trips as our pilot mentioned that due to weather/wind conditions 95 of the morning flights take off as scheduled, but the sunset is less predictable due to winds.
Simply amazing experience. Their balloon is labeled Bucket List and it certainly achieves that. Very professional staff and our pilot/guide was both knowledgeable and funny. You must do this once in your life.
Excellent. Pilot new his stuff. The crew were really friendly. Highly recommend
WOW!! Amazing, exciting, and educational to see and hear about hot air ballooning and about Albuquerque while gliding through the sky in a Hot Air Balloon. The Rainbow Ryders' pilot, Dean, made numerous weather and wind speed checks prior to the flight and during the flight however, the wind speed was somewhat faster than predicted in those weather checks. The faster wind speed made for an exciting ride and we knew we had a very excellent, professional pilot. Nearing landing time, the wind speed still remained faster than predicted for the landing however, Dean, had given us very good instructions about what to expect and what to do to ensure safety. With Dean's instructions and the speedy, outstanding assistance from his crew member on the ground, Adam, we had an exciting and safe landing in a spot you probably might not believe!!! The champagne, light continental breakfast, and conversation with Dean and Adam after landing was also fun. KDS and PAS , Dallas, TX