Private Guided Day Tour to Alexandria from Cairo
• Catacombs: The ancient cemetery built by the Romans in the 3rd century, approximately 105 ft (32m) under ground. Then move on to visit
• Pompey pillar: The original location of one of the big Greek temples erected in the 3rd century BC. Occupied by one of the memorable historical icons ( Pompay Pillar )
• Visit the 5th century famous Roman theater
• Panoramic outside visit to Quaitbay citadel, built in the 14th century, and located where once stood the Pharos lighthouse, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world).
• Have a look at the newly rebuilt Library of Alexandria from the outside,
• Heading back to Cairo.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Qualified professional Egyptologist guide
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by modern A/C cars & Professional local driver.
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- Entry/Admission - Fort Qaitbey
- Entry/Admission - Roman Amphitheatre
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- You should obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
We did this tour on a Friday, which was a good choice according to our guide. The traffic was low due to the fact that Friday is an observed day for the weekend I think it has to do with religious purposes. If you are going to tour Egypt you must make Alexandria a stop. Not only is it a great place to visit filled with history it is the best place we found to buy souvenirs. For 26 roughly we returned with three large bags filled with gifts for family and friends. The markets in front of the castle provided the best shopping experience for us during the entire trip. Our guide was wonderful as well and explained to us in depth the history of the city. We even learned that there are various sites underwater that we could dive to.