Alicante 3h shared walking tour small group shore excursion
First, visit the spectacular Santa Bárbara Castle on Mount Benacantil that overlooks the city with amazing panoramic views.
Then, walk down in the Old Town area, where you'll discover quiet Mediterranean neighborhoods filled with colorful buildings and a zest for life.
Next, explore the Co-cathedral of St. Nicholas of Bari, which was built on the remains of a mosque in the 17th century. Spend time admiring the Baroque façade of the Town Hall, and the modernist Casa Carbonell, one of the city’s most striking buildings.
The tour ends at Explanada de España, the city’s explanade and a place to be impressed by the promenade floor made with more than 6 million ceramic tiles.
- 3h Professional local guide
- Castle visit
- City Center
- City Hall
- Postiguet" beach
- Entrance fees (panoramic elevator/lift) payable at the beginning of the tour to the guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Small groups (approx. 10 people minimum and 20 people maximum for the tour). Your money will be refunded if there is not enough people to start the tour.
- The guided tour must start on time, guests must arrive at the meeting point 15min in advance to check time, date and vouchers
- Not wheelchair accessible. If you have reduced mobility, you can hire a private tour.
The tour was excellent and quite extensive. The ship provided a shuttle to Volvo Oceans Race Square where we met our guide. From there it was 5 minute walk into the heart of Alicante. The tour included a tour of Castillo de Santa Barbara in the upper region of Alicante. You take the elevator up to the top. The guide offered the option of taking the elevator or walking down. We chose to walk down. We then strolled the esplanade which in similar to Las Ramblas in Barcelona. This is a strenuous excursion, so be prepared to walk about 3 miles up and down hills.