2-Day Petra, Wadi Rum and Dead Sea Tour from Amman
Day 1: Day 1: Amman - Petra: 3 hours driving from Amman
Stop At: Jordan Private Tours and Travel, Amman 11623 Jordan
Depart to the south toward the Nabatean Red Rose City of Petra that is considered one of the wonders of the world. A city 139 miles (225 kilometers) from Amman that was carved in stone more than 2000 years ago in order to dominate the trade routes of ancient Arabia. Visit its towns, damns, and water channels and enjoy a walk along the narrow siq, a path which is the main entrance to the city. The first thing you will see is the Khazneh, which was believed to hold countless treasures. You will also see other monuments such as The Monastery and the Altar of Sacrifice. In the afternoon you will move towards Wadi Rum, called the valley of moon, where the movie Lawrence of Arabia was filmed and lately The Martian. You will spend the night in a Bedouin camp inside Rum reserve, in a very unique calm and quiet spot whilst having dinner cooked according to Bedouin style and evening activities (The camp consist of Tents, with beds, blankets , Toilets, dining room - all necessaries for life including electricity via solar system).
Duration: 6 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Over night stay at Wadi Rum reserve in a a basic Bedouin style camp
Day 2: Day 2: Petra - Wadi Rum and Dead Sea
Stop At: Wadi Rum Protected Area, Wadi Rum Jordan
After breakfast you will have a short visit of Wadi Rum in a 4x4 Jeep. Wadi Rum is a uniquely-shaped massive mountain that rose among the rosy red sand of the desert with towering cliffs of various brownish, reddish and golden colors. Next, you will make your way toward Gulf of Aqaba on the Red sea , Then, you will transfer to the Dead Sea which sits over 1300 feet (400 m) below sea level. The Dead Sea is one of the most incredible places in the world. It is known for the Biblical story of the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, which were destroyed by fire and brimstone. The Dead Sea speaks for itself: there are no living fish. It is by far one of Jordan's most impressive and spectacular places to visit. Its calm, shining water glowing from the scorching sun above, is known for the concentration of salt and minerals which makes it a therapeutic as well as a unique swimming experience not to be missed. Enjoy some free time to swim before returning to your hotel in Amman.
Please note: The temperature drops down quickly at Wadi Rum during the night , and it becomes very cold to freezing during winter time ( December & January), be aware that there is no heating on the tents but there is enough blankets, so you could choose the private option to make changes for the night stay to more luxurious camps ( Group Tours will always be using the same camp with no heating on the tens - this can not be changed).
NB: Entry Fees and tour guides are NOT included.
Duration: 12 hours
No meals included on this day.
No accommodation included on this day.
- Accommodation included: 1 night
- Overnight accommodation at a Bedouin camp inside Wadi Rum Protected Area with dinner and breakfast
- 2-hour 4WD tour to explore the best of Wadi Rum.
- English-speaking driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by modern vehicle with AC.
- For the Group Tours Option : Separate tents for separate bookings - not shared with others.
- Site entry fees.
- Tour guides.
- Gratuities (Highly recommended)
- Entrance fees - Petra US $70, Wadi Rum US $7, Dead Sea beach $30.
- Travelers who are spending more than 3 nights in Jordan can purchase Jordan Pass - JordanPass.jo (more convenient)
- Airport drop off at the end of the tour (Doable for 30$ extra charges).
- Entry/Admission - Jordan Private Tours and Travel
- Entry/Admission - Wadi Rum Protected Area
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved, wear sensible shoes
- For the Wadi Rum overnight stay you need your personal items, towel, toothbrush, and warm clothes as it gets cold in the desert at night in winter times.
- The camp at Wadi Rum is basic camp in a good location inside Rum reserve, consist of Tents, with beds, blankets , public Toilets, dining room - all necessaries for life including electricity via solar system (No heating system on the tents unless selected with the Luxury option - Luxury camp).
- For the Group Tour Option (up to 7) : It is very important to be ready on the scheduled times particularly for pick up in the morning which is between 06:30 - 07:30 - if these times doesn't fit you or you need flexible time then this option will not work with you - go for the private tour option.
- For the Group Tours Option : Separate tents for separate bookings. The Group Tour starts and ends at Amman city. One Medium size bag is allowed per traveler (No space for large size bags or more than one medium size bag ), Minimum age is 12 Years and maximum is 69 years to join (These limitations are for the Group Tours Option only )
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour, specifically with our driver Jafar, was an absolute highlight of my time in Jordan. The trip was well-paced, informative, fun, and an overall unforgettable experience. I would give it 6 stars if possible!
The tour guide was punctual, arriving at 7am to our hotel lobby. We started off with a 4 hr ride to Petra where we got to spend 4 hrs at the site on our own. The driver walked us in and helped us get situated with a horse/carriage for my elderly parents. We arranged to meet at a certain time at the car. Again, the driver was punctual. We drove to Wadi Rum and arrived after sunset. We stayed at Night Luxury Camp at Luxury tent with AC and private Bathroom ( one Double tent for each two persons) because we paid the $75 extra for the upgrade to have a heated tent. Totally worth it since it was COLD. The night sky at Wadi Rum was breathtaking. There were supposedly activities at the camp (bon fire, etc) but we were so exhausted from the day so we opted out after the buffet dinner. We did wake up early to watch the stars at 4am and the sunrise (it was a little cloudy so we missed it - womp womp). The tour guide picked us up after our buffet breakfast and dove us to 3 sites. He was a prior military service man so he taught us desert survival skills as we went through the Wadi. Super cool. We then took off for the dead sea and spend a couple of hours there. Pros: super nice guide who is knowledgeable about the desert and the country. Very patient and very willing to answer questions.Cons: we booked a private car for 4 passengers. The small SUV really only fit 3 comfortably, not 4. We were a bit crammed. The tour company is super nice so Im sure if you sort that detail out ahead of time, they will figure it out so that you are comfortable.
We had a wonderful visit! Had to adjust our itinerary due to the tragic events in Black Thursday. Regardless our driver and yours were fantastic!
Its a must do trip if yo have short time in Jordan. You can almost see the whole country. Our guide Jafar was a very nice n well informed man. He took good care of us. The car was very comfortable. The night stay in WAdi rum was just amazing. The dinner we had there was very nice. All in all a perfect tour.
Amazing 2-days tour through Jordan thanks to our tour-guide! It is really not possible to say enough about Mustafa. 10/10 for our driver-tour leader-guide! He is a wealth of knowledge, great personality, full of educational information, great company and very competent. His experience and service definitely exceeds expectations. He has an incredible knowledge of all aspects of Jordan’s history and much more than that. He never gets tired of answering all kind of questions you may want to ask him about whatever. We never stopped asking questions about everything during the whole tour and he was always happy to respond and finally give a more than a complete view of things. Very well informed, helpful, entertaining, respectful, engaging. An outstanding experience driving through Jordan with Mustafa and visiting all those amazing sites and natural paradises with a person he knows so much. Excellent organizer, he knows exactly where to take you, what to show you, when, how and why. It was just a 2 days tour and in the end I definitely felt I ve seen and learned so much. 100% recommendable! Thank you for everything, an unforgettable experience! Well done!
I totally enjoyed the excursion with our guide Mohammad and was able to see a number of really interesting sights I would be unable to see on my own. The tour included a trip to Petra as well as the Dead Sea and the Red Sea but my No. 1 favourite activity was definitely the night spent at Wadi Rum which was exceptionally beautiful. Mohammad was exceptionally knowledgeable and took a lot of time to answer many of our questions and making the trip absolutely wonderful to us. I would recommend this tour to anyone interested in the great country.
Mustafa went the extra mile to ensure that you have a memorable experience. He often consulted the group regarding options with realistic timings. Honest and delivered to his word.
This is one of the best trips I have ever been on..and I have traveled much of the world. : Mustafa is a great guide and if you only have a short period of time a must to work with him. Petra is amazing and everything you could imagine. Wadi Rum is a wonderful surprise and the icing on the cake. Nothing quite like looking up at the desert sky to see the entire galaxy.
Great way to see as much as possible in a short time frame. Everything was well organised and our guide Quataibah very friendly and accomodating. The Bedouin stay was a definite highlight! Would definitely recommend this trip!