Jerash Half-Day Trip from Amman
About this activity
Begin your tour with a pick up from your central Amman hotel, and travel by comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle. Wander among the original temples, theaters, plazas, paths and colonnaded streets, all enclosed within the remaining city walls. Within the city walls have been found the remains of settlements dating from the Bronze Age, the Iron Age, the Hellenistic, Roman, Byzantine, Umayyad and Abbasid periods, indicating human occupation at this location for more than 2,500 years. A local English-Speaking Guide will be included for your classic 2 hours visit of this Roman Decapolis City of Jerash. This ancient city was one of the most prosperous in the Roman Empire, and was covered by sand for centuries until its remnants were discovered in 1806. Head through the ancient city gate and walk around the well-preserved ruins as your guide tells you tales about the city in its heyday. See its arches, theaters, and elegant colonnaded street. Snap photos of the stunning Oval Plaza, the intriguing egg-shaped public square framed by standing columns. After this amazing walking tour, return to Amman where your experience finishes with a drop off at your hotel.Read more Show less
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Transfer by air-conditioned vehicle according number of participants
- English-Speaking Driver
- Local English-Speaking Guide for the classic visit of Jerash
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 30 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- For clients holding Jordan Pass, the corresponding entrance fees to be returned directly in destination.
- Pick up and drop off from Amman Queen Alia International Airport available by request for lay over day tour.
- Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Tours with lunch: Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic.
Collections This experience is part of these collections
You may also likeSee all 16 Collections
Click to discover other experiences See all
CollectionsPetra 73 Activities
CollectionsDead Sea 60 Activities
CollectionsWadi Rum 35 Activities
CollectionsJordan Discovery 61 Activities
CollectionsExcursions From Amman 21 Activities
CollectionsOther Activities 20 Activities
CollectionsMadaba 22 Activities
CollectionsMount Nebo 24 Activities
CollectionsCity Tour 13 Activities
CollectionsCastles 14 Activities