Petra From Amman Full-Day Private Tour
Petra was first established around the 6th century B.C. by the Nabataean Arabs, a nomadic tribe who settled in the area and laid the foundations of a commercial empire that extended into Syria. Upon arrival you will begin the trip on horseback to the canyon, the so called Siq, and then by foot to the most beautiful monument: the Treasury. Among other monuments you will see are the Street of Facades, the Royal Tombs and Pharaoh’s Castle. Petra was also chosen to be one of the New 7 Wonders of the world.
After the visit is finished, we will drive you back another 3 hours to your hotel in Amman after enjoying a day trip to Petra from Amman, Jordan.
- English-speaking driver
- Pickup and drop-off from Amman hotels or the Amman Airport
- Vehicle that's Wi-Fi equipped and stocked with bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks
- Local Guide at Site
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- There will not be enough time to climb up the monastery
I had the chance to visit Petra with an amazing driver. first he was on time at 7 am. Badr knows every shortcuts to Petra from the dead sea. he is a professional driver with a huge knowledge of Jordan's history and culture. Badr was a pleasant person with a lot of humour and fun. I highly recommend Badr Nabeel Guith as a driver for all your trips in Jordan.
Petra is amazing, but the travel company only gave me four hours to explore...so, that's three hours' drive from Amman, then three hours back. There wasn't really anything offered outside of the ride, and the driver was a very nice guy...but I actually expected a little more than just a ride for the price I paid.
Driver got me there and back on time, comfortable car with wifi.