Private Full-Day Tour: Umm Qais, Jerash, and Ajloun from Amman
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Umm Qais Museum, Umm Qais 21986 Jordan
Umm Qais or Qays is a town in northern Jordan principally known for its proximity to the ruins of the ancient Gadara, also a former bishopric and present Latin Catholic titular see
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
Ajloun Castle, also known as, is a 12th-century Muslim castle situated in northwestern Jordan. It is placed on a hilltop belonging to the Jabal Ajlun district, also known as Jabal 'Auf after a Bedouin tribe which had captured the area in the 12th century
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Jerash Ruins, Jerash Jordan
Jerash is a city in Jordan, north of the capital Amman. Inhabited since the Bronze Age, it’s known for the ruins of the walled Greco-Roman settlement of Gerasa just outside the modern city. These include the 2nd-century Hadrian’s Arch, the Corinthian columns of the Temple of Artemis and the huge Forum’s oval colonnade. The Jerash Archaeological Museum displays artifacts excavated from the site.
Duration: 2 hours
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- English Speaking Driver
- Transportation to/from attractions
- WIFI Available
- Local guide at Jerash ( If Selected
- Food and drinks ( Alcoholic
- Entry/Admission - Umm Qais Museum
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
- Entry/Admission - Jerash Ruins
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
This private tour booked via Viator was a little bit of an Unknown which proved to be a very successful, full and interesting Day out thanks to the driving abilities and support of Ahmed our driver. We started out trip travelling to the furthest destination and worked our way back. Umm Qais, Ajoun Castle and then Jerash. All sites were very interesting and will be reviewed separately on Tripadvisor. This trip was only as good as its driver and could have gone one of two ways. Fortunately, Ahmed was polite, courteous, informative and good company to be with. Nothing was to much trouble which made the day a wonderful one!...Great to be picked up and dropped off at our Hotel too!....Would recommend!
What a great day! It is a lot within 1 day but very doable and worthwhile as you the places you visit are amazing. Jerash is a must see when in Jordan and the ruins of Umm Qais are very unique. The Ajloun castle was great too, as was the countryside and farm areas we drover through. A return trip would be great to do when the wildflowers are out in April/ May. We were there in October so there were not very many people but it was quite dry. Our driver, Ahmad, was very knowledgeable and great to spend a day with. He bought us some great local food and made sure we were stocked up on Turkish coffee - yum! We were picked up from our hotel at 7:00 and arrived back around 6:00. I highly recommend this trip
The Jerash is definitely a must see.
This was a terrific tour - excellent, helpful driver, very knowledgeable tour guides at Umm Qais and Jerash! Highly recommend!