The Amsterdam Dungeon
See history come alive at this interactive museum on the darker sides of Dutch history. First redeem your tickets at the redemption location listed below before heading over to the The Amsterdam Dungeon. There you’ll discover the torture chambers of centuries past, the brutal methods of the Dutch East India Company, the fearsome courts of the Inquisition, the atmosphere of the Great Plague, the persecution of “witches”, and more. You will never see history the same way again after a visit to the Amsterdam Dungeon!
- See history come alive in the dungeons, watch as one of your tour group participants becomes a “prisoner” in a brutal torture chamber from Dutch history
- Experience what the Dutch naval dominance of previous centuries meant for the regular people who were working the ships
- Watch a re-enactment of an Inquisition Court and its menacing power over the population
- Discover something new with every visit!
- Sun-Thu: 11:00am-7:00pm
- Fri-Sat: 11:00am-10:00pm
- During holidays and school vacations, operating times may vary, see the photo below for details
- Last admission is 1 hour before closing
- Tickets are not valid on Fridays and Saturdays after 4pm
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email