Custom Dutch Countryside Bike Tour from Amsterdam
Depending on cycling distance and duration you can experience alongside a private guide a great variation of landscapes and nature, small walled towns, forts and medieval castles. And of course, windmills.
Itinerary flexible and adaptable to your interests.
Bike tours start in the countryside, no cycling in the busy city. Within half an hour after meeting you will be riding in the country. All tours include a bottle of water and Dutch cookies. Full picnic lunch pack available upon request (see additional info). The duration of each tour can be fully adapted to meet your interests and provide you with the best possible experience.
- Transportation out and into the city
- Local guide
- Bottle of water
- Dutch cookies
- Use of bike bag and rain poncho
- Picnic lunch pack (optional, see additional info)
- Bike rental, but bikes reserved and checked (see additional info)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. One person is possible, but rate will be the same as for two persons.
- A maximum of 6 people of one family or party per booking.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Bike rental is EUR 7,50 to 12,50 - depends on where bikes in the right size are available. Local countryside bike shops require a refundable deposit in cash. As a service this deposit is settled for you by your private guide. Nevertheless, the customer remains responsible for possible damage to the rental bike.
- Picnic lunch pack available upon request (EUR 10). Please ask at least 4 days before tour date. Home baked bread rolls from different organic flours produced by the local windmill, with various Dutch cheeses - no meat no fish. Water, fruit juices and chocolate milk. Plus extra cookies and typical Dutch treats. In fact, a picnic lunch pack is full day catering.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour is definitely an example of a greatly organized adventure, where no detail was left out. Professionalism and expertise of our guide, Edmond, deserves the highest possible praise, and the whole tour is simply unforgettable. Besides been very educational, and giving a lot of very interesting historical and engineering facts, the way everything was planned, is very impressive. Great itinerary and narration, beautiful scenery, fortifications, castle and fortress - everything was becoming alive with the images of historical events, which took place there, thanks to the commentary of our guide. Although physically challenging for the people, who did not ride a bike for years like me, under the supervision of Edmond, and thanks to his patience, it was possible to complete the tour. Very well planned stops allowed to rest just in time, including a short walk to stretch, delicious and nutritious lunch, and even packs of tissues: everything was thought of. The information, provided during this tour, covers different historical periods, and would be of interest to anybody, who is interested in history. We would highly recommend this tour, are very grateful to Edmond for one of the best days in our lives.