Hop on Hop off Bus to Zaanse Schans, Edam and Volendam from Amsterdam
The second stop is Zaanse Schans. Admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and see Dutch history come to life! A must-see during this hop-on hop-off tour.
The third stop is Purmerend, a city surrounded by polders, offering boutique shops and an abundance of restaurants and cafes at the 'Veemarkt' (former cattle market).
Volendam and Edam, both known for their fishing boats and scenery, are also stops on this countryside tour. Traditional Dutch costumes are still worn by some residents in Volendam, which was also once a retreat for famous artists. Both Picasso and Renoir spent time in this village during the 20th century. While smaller than Volendam, Edam holds particular fame for its cheese and beautiful historical center.
The cheese farm, "Jacobshoeve", provides a unique opportunity to witness the process of cheese making during a free guided tour. Take a look behind the scenes at the farm animals.
The last stop on the tour is Monnickendam and is rich in history. Although it is a small fishing village today, it holds much historical significance as a port in earlier centuries.
The final stop brings you back to the starting point at THIS IS HOLLAND. Amsterdam's newest attraction offers the ultimate flight experience over Holland in Amsterdam.
As each stop is unique and provides its own slice of culture, this tour is perfect for discovering and exploring the Dutch countryside. Spending as much or as little time at each stop gives you the perfect flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere. When planning your trip to Holland, be sure not to miss this gem of a tour which is suitable for all!
Upgrading your tour ticket offers you free admission to two memorable adventures of your choice. This includes options such as viewing Amsterdam from the panoramic view at the LOOKOUT, museum admission in Edam, a tour or a photo in traditional Dutch clothing in Volendam, or even a scenic canal ride in Zaanse Schans. Don't miss this amazing opportunity!
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Farm
- Multilingual audio tour through app on the bus
- Self-guided walking tours (English) available through app at each stop
- Countryside guide book including information on each stop and local tips
- Entry/Admission - Zaanse Schans
- Entry/Admission - Cheese Market Edam
- Entry/Admission - Jacobs Hoeve Cheese Farm by Henri Willig
- Entry/Admission - Marina Volendam
- Entry/Admission - Koemarkt Purmerend uit 1645
- Entry/Admission - Bierderij Waterland
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please be aware that the buses drive in one direction only. For example: when you hop-off in Volendam, it is not possible to go back to the stop in Edam
- The day ticket is valid on the day of the stamp. When you return to THIS IS HOLLAND, you are not able to use your bus ticket for another round trip
- If you would like to take advantage of the great audio tour, make sure to download the free Hop-On Hop-Off app! Code is available at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND. This is located on the ground floor. Free Wi-Fi on board the bus
- No phone? You can rent mobile devices for €3 per device and purchase earplugs for €2 per set at the check-in desk at THIS IS HOLLAND
- Via the Hop-On Hop-Off app, you are able to see the live location of the bus and can always check if the bus is nearby
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
Very disappointed in this tour. For two of the bus rides, the audio in the bus wasn't working. Some of the stops it took them an hour to pick us up for the next destination. Their app only worked when it wanted to. The seats in the buses moved too much, and you were getting whiplash each bump they went over. Some of the time when they dropped us off, they told us another location where they would pick us up it would be nice to have written locations in their app - when the app worked, some of the times the location were different where they would pick us up. Most of the stops weren't worth going to.
This tour was really not very good. It seemed like the company isnt very experienced or something. The buses totally didnt run every 30 mins but just randomly and the drivers were rude about it. The app is not working well and doesnt show buses or guide tour. Dont buy the earphones as they wont work and if they will your phone battery will run out sooner than you manage to find that little guiding tour information. We wanted to get on the last bus from the last stop but feared the bus will never shop and when I tried to call no one answered. The good thing was nice places, but we thought the tour should be going the other way around as the best things to see are last and you fear you'll never catch a bus. There should be a fixed timetable to stick to. Im not trying to be mean but guys you have a lot to work on to keep your customers happy.