Keukenhof and Zaanse Schans fullday tour from Amsterdam incl. free Canal Cruise
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Keukenhof, Stationsweg 166A, 2161 AM Lisse The Netherlands
After a short ride from Amsterdam to the bulbflower area around Lisse, we start your tour by making a scenic ride in this area. Depending upon the season you see a landscape with colourful bulbflower carpets in almost any colour you can imagine. We try to find a spot where we can stop to make some pictures.
2. Then we continue to the true highlight of this tour, the park Keukenhof. Once a mere kitchen garden filled with vegetables and herbs, the Keukenhof - smack dab in the middle of South Holland’s tulip region - now has the distinction of being the world’s largest flower garden, hosting some 800,000 visitors per year. This guided tour will take you through the 15 kilometers of footpaths and 32 hectares of gardens, where millions of bulbs are planted each year. Tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, and other spring bulbs of a variety of vibrant colours carpet the grounds. Stroll through the English landscape garden, the Japanese country garden, and the historical garden. Take in the flower sculpture, based on an annual theme.
Duration: 3 hours 40 minutes
Stop At: Zaanse Schans, Schansend 1, 1509 AW Zaandam The Netherlands
The windmill village Zaanse Schans is an open air museum that houses a collection of working windmills, wooden houses, barns and shops dating back to the 18th and 19th Century. All these buildings were brought here from 1961 on, bringing back to life this most prosperous period of the Zaan region.
Upon arrival in the village, your guide will take you on an orientation tour of the village Then it is time to further explore the village on your own
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Kooijman Souvenirs & Clogs Wooden Shoe Workshop, Kraaienest 4, 1509 AZ Zaandam The Netherlands
You will visit the clog museum annex wooden shoemaker shop here you'll watch traditional craftsmen at work, making clogs and other artifacts
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Catharina Hoeve Cheese Farm, Zeilenmakerspad 5, 1509 BZ Zaandam The Netherlands
Learn how Dutch cheese is being made and offcourse taste some real Dutch farmer chees.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Stromma - Koffiehuis Central Station, Stationsplein 4, 1012 AB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Back in Amsterdam your guide will give you your ticket for a 100 Highlights Cruise of Stromma Netherlands.
The Amsterdam 100 Highlights Cruise passes all of Amsterdam's famous attractions. Canal houses from the Golden Age, the Westerkerk, the Anne Frank: the 100 Highlights Cruise takes you past all of them. Sightseeing in Amsterdam couldn't be a more relaxing experience.
Duration: 1 hour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
- Live commentary on board
- 100 Highlights Cruise in Amsterdam of Stromma Netherlands.
- Entrance Keukenhof gardens
- Workshop cheese making incl. tasting
- Visit to the clog museum, annex wooden shoemaker shop
- Entry/Admission - Keukenhof
- Entry/Admission - Stromma - Koffiehuis Central Station
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
We had an excellent time at the . The flowers, especially the tulips, from the Keukenhof garden were dreamy. The landscape with the windmills from Zaanse Schans was breathtaking. Very impressed with the people who wore traditional clothes, which kindly immersed us in the atmosphere of how they used to make things back in the day. The cheese tasting and the wooden shoes demonstration came as a bonus. Of course the canal cruise allowed us to discover and admire Amstedam's architecture from a profound perspective. Eva our tour guide was really nice; she offered us guidance around the trip and also gave us some very helpful tips concerning local cuisine, but also gave us space to explore the beautiful places by ourselves. Peter our bus driver was very pleasant and kind. Definetely worthed!
Unfortunately i found out in the last moment that it will take almost 11 hours to complete this whole trip . Viator website says it’s 8 hours . The tour was nice but I was only able to do the first part to kuekenhof . But I have to rate this lower as the company has provided misinformation .