Private Tour: Amsterdam City Walking Tour
Start with a tram ride to the Jordaan district, a former working class area that’s now an upscale hub full of students, art galleries, specialty shops and markets, as well as some of the city’s main attractions, including the Anne Frank House and West Kirk (West Church).
You've probably seen the slew of houseboats lining Amsterdam's canals. In Jordaan, you'll get an in-depth look at the story behind the city's houseboat culture at the Houseboat Museum.
Next, head to the lively area of Leidseplein to try a typical Dutch 'window' snack — these 'windows' are unique vending machines that sell hot food like kroket (deep fried veal croquette). It may sound strange, but it's a must-try!
Continue to the Museum District, home to several world-famous museums including the Van Gogh Museum and Rjiksmuseum, as well as the Vondelpark.
Your last stop is a favorite of locals and tourist alike: Albert Cuyp, the largest street market in the Netherlands. Wandering the market's maze of aisles and vendors, you'll find everything from fresh produce to trendy clothing.
- Customizable tour with private guide
- Dutch snack
- One-way tram ride
- Entry/Admission - Houseboat Museum
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel drop-off
- Visit of the Van Gogh Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, French, German, Spanish or Portuguese; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour was amazing!
Eveline was a wonderful tour guide. She was on time picking us up from our hotel, and then proceeded to show us around the beautiful city of Amsterdam. She had enough in her budget to shout us a cup of coffee, which was very welcome on the cold day. We want to thank Eveline for the tour, the highlight for us was the flower market. We recommend highly Eveline for a walking tour.
This was our 6th time using Viator. The first 5 tours were 5 . This one was disappointing. Though the tour guide was very pleasant, she didnt seem to have a definitive game plan for the 4 hour tour. There was also a clear lack of enthusiasm for the 4 hour walk and knowledge she imparted regarding the city was minimal. Not worth the , expected much more for a private tour.