Private Tour: Amsterdam Old Town and Red Light District Walking Tour
Amsterdam is unlike any other place in the world. It’s a liberal and open society where few things are taboo: prostitution and marijuana cafes operate in the open and are located only a stone’s throw from major historical monuments.
View the sights in and around the Red Light District. See the Oude Kerk, a Gothic church that dates back to the 14th century, as well as the magnificent Royal Palace on Dam Square. Pause at Nieuwmarkt square to admire De Waag, a 15th-century structure that served as the city gates until the early 17th century.
Marvel as your guide also points out some of the lesser-known, yet equally fascinating sites. See Our Lord in the Attic, a 17th-century canal house with a hidden Catholic church, and a grand building that was once the town hall. Learn about the history of pawnbroking in Amsterdam and call into a specialty condom shop, where you’ll be wowed by the huge selection of latex.
Venture into the heart of the Red Light District, where women grace the glowing windows in eye-popping underwear. Wander down Zeedijk street, a vibrant thoroughfare with plenty of dining and drinking options, and hear about the evolution of the area over the past few decades.
After two hours of exploring, your tour concludes at the original departure point.
- Private guide
- One drink
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- Good walking shoes recommended
- Tour can be operated in English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch or French; please advise your preferred tour language at time of booking
- Please note that during this tour you will pass by shops with erotic articles and images. As a result this tour may not be suitable for all ages
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our tour guide was great!
It was the start of the tour ( the meal) that stopped us from going any further. They said meet your guide at restaurant, that didn't happen. Explaining to two waiters why we were there was difficult enough, basically just walked away and continued with what they were doing. Food terrible, didn't stay.
Nice tour---- Max- our guide -guide was very knowledgable and seemed to enjoy his job.
We had trouble at first finding where we were to meet the guide. Once we were on the tour it was great and the guide was very informative! More signs are needed to let people know where the aviator Guides are.
Very nice, professionally guided tour. Informative.
Guide and tour were outstanding . She had the challenge of taking us around town on Gay Pride day, which, brought some 300,000 partiers to the city. High light of our Baltic cruise.
Unclear instructions regarding prepaid dinner. Guide was informative when engaged and responding to questions.