Skip-the-line and Private Guided Museum Tour: Rijksmuseum Amsterdam
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rijksmuseum, Museumstraat 1, 1071 XX Amsterdam The Netherlands
Holland’s version of the Louvre is a must, and this tour will introduce first-time visitors to the impressive and expansive collection that curates Dutch history over the centuries. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, you will explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. You’ll explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than could ever be told. By the end, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Amsterdam, Dam 1, 1012 JL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Amsterdam conjures up images of a less-than-puritan style of life, but we’re here to show you that this city offers way more than just the Red Light District – even though it’s a part of it! Our English speaking guides will help you cut the lines and explore the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, two of the city’s biggest attractions, on private or small group tours. With Babylon Tours, we’ll help you experience the historic side of Amsterdam, but we know how to let down our hair, too. Join us as well to explore the, let’s call them, alternative venues of the Red Light District with one of our energetic young guides.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Skip-The-Line Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- All Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Rijksmuseum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: Rijksmuseum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We booked a two hour private tour of the Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, We had four in our group and the tour was exceptional. Anita, our guide, was very knowledgeable and was very attentive to our questions. The tour was well worth the price given we were able to skip the long lines and get an up close personal look at the museum pieces.
The tour of the Rijks, as Audrey gave us, was an exciting glimpse into the Golden Age of the Dutch in the 17th century. She started the tour in the Middle Ages and skillfully illustrated the transformation from a poor and backward country to a focused and efficient one. The Low Countries achieved power and outreach totally unrelated to its size. Amazing! Rembrandt's and Vermeer's paintings were a highlight. Audrey has gifted us with a memorable impression of the mighty Dutch, I definitely recommend her tour.
Excellent tour. Private guide was personal and informative. Would certainly do this one again!
Guide was extremely well versed in the museum. She gave us a walking art history class.
Victoria was a perfect docent for our mixed group. My kids were less than excited by the art history. So she peppered our tour with interesting history notes and the weapons display. I got my art upgrade and everyone was happy. That's no small feat!
We entirely enjoyed the complete tour experience. Our guide was excellent. Her ability to describe the art and place it in historical context was just what we were looking for.
Our guide was an amazing pleasure and wealth of knowledge. This is the best tour we have taken. She explained the architecture, history, people and the art. She explained the symbolism behind the art and the signifigance of each piece.
Guide Victoria very knowledgeable and personable. Met all of our expectations.