Skip-the-line & Private Guided Tour: Van Gogh Museum Amsterdam
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Van Gogh Museum, Museumplein 6, 1071 DJ Amsterdam The Netherlands
Meet your English-speaking guide just Across from the Rikjsmuseum to begin this intimate private tour. Sail past the Van Gogh Museum's main entrance lines with a priority-access ticket and explore the museum's highlights with exclusive attention from your guide. As you make your way through the world’s biggest Vincent van Gogh art collection, your guide leads you through the artist's darkest, initial Dutch paintings to his more vibrant French period. Study iconic van Gogh works like Sunflowers, as well as his lesser-known paintings and drawings. Hear about van Gogh’s troubled life and artistic styles, and see famous pieces from renowned fellow artists like Gauguin, Monet and others who inspired the mad genius. Your private tour concludes at 3pm but your entrance ticket is valid all day, so you may continue to explore the museum at your leisure.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours Amsterdam, Dam 1, 1012 JL Amsterdam The Netherlands
Amsterdam conjures up images of a less-than-puritan style of life, but we’re here to show you that this city offers way more than just the Red Light District – even though it’s a part of it! Our English speaking guides will help you cut the lines and explore the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum, two of the city’s biggest attractions, on private or small group tours. With Babylon Tours, we’ll help you experience the historic side of Amsterdam, but we know how to let down our hair, too. Join us as well to explore the, let’s call them, alternative venues of the Red Light District with one of our energetic young guides.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Skip-The-Line Guided Museum Tour
- Tour Guide Exclusively For You (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
- Wheelchair Friendly (Does NOT apply if you choose "SAVE! BOOK SEMI-PRIVATE" option)
- All Entry Fees
- Entry/Admission - Van Gogh Museum
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- Notes: Van Gogh Museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our guide was amazing. She really knew her history and Van Gogh. The museum is a must see, but when we visited all the important works were on tour. Nonetheless, there is a lot of Vincent to view.
We had a very knowledgeable quide to walk thru the museum. She understood the history and explained it in a fun and interesting way. Thx
Joseif was very knowledgeable on Van Gogh. She made sure to give us a chance to ask questions. Also if it was too loud she moved us to a quieter spot to explain a picture.
Foolishly we did not get tickets for the museum in advance. In the height of the season it was sold out for all 3 days we were in Amsterdam. Found this tour on line and it was well worth it. Our guide was most knowledgeable and steered us through the museum with lots of information about the paintings and Van Gogh. The extra money over regular tickets was well worth it.
Fascinating learning his life’s story!!! Must see if in Amsterdam!!! Our guide was fantastic also, she had dedicated a big part of her life to Van Gogh
The tour was provided by Babylon Tours and our tour guide was Selina. We booked a semi-private tour and there were 8 of us in total. Selina's knowledge of Van Gogh was phenomonal and she interspersed technical art information with lovely personal anecdotes about him. Selina's lively manner helped us keep up the momentum and interest throughout a two and a half hour tour. Highly recommend this company. The booking process was seamless. Once I had booked through Viator, I was contacted by the tour company direct and given details of where to meet the tour guide and what to bring with us.
Cecilia was a fabulous guide. She Cecelia a fabulous guide. She was knowledgeable, informative and made Van Gogh come alive. She took time to answer all of our questions and made this tour memorable!
Audrey was fantastic... knowledgeable and congenial. It was a pleasure to spend two hours with her on the tour. She added real value to the visit to the museum and exhibit.
The "Private" tour changed to "Simi Private" once the time came for the event. It was still a great tour of the museum, the guide was excellent. I think there were six or seven in our final group. I was just by my self for this visit.
Wonderful experience, knowledgeable private tour guide. Just the right amount of time for our samll group of 4
The best art tour ever.
Excellent tour. Our guide was fabulous. With just 6 in the private tour we all learned about the museum, Van Goeth and his life and death. Wonderful
This was an exceptional tour and made our visit to the Van Gogh Museum unique. My husband has hearing issues and was able to experience the museum in a fuller way with our excellent private tour. It was truly a once in a lifetime experience.
Our guide was very well versed in the art and life of Van Gogh which enriched the experience.
Our guide was wonderful! Unfortunately for some travelers she's about to have a baby and will be out for a bit. We really enjoyed our time viewing the wonderful art and having her input! The lines were long and we go right in and as we toured the place became vary busy. I would recommend as early an early morning tour so you can miss the crowds.