Asheville Insider Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pack Square, Bordered by Broadway, Market and College Streets, Asheville, NC 28801
This is the center of town and our starting point.
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Thomas Wolfe Memorial, 52 N Market St, Asheville, NC 28801-8105
The boarding house where the noted American author grew up.
Pass By: Grove Arcade, 1 Page Ave, Asheville, NC 28801-2382
One of the great shopping arcades built in the 1920 in the Gothic Revival style.
Pass By: YMI Cultural Center, 39 S Market St, Asheville, NC 28801-3725
Important community cultural center that was built by the African-American business community at the turn of the 20th Century.
Pass By: Basilica of Saint Lawrence, 97 Haywood St, Asheville, NC 28801-2852
The final architectural masterpiece of Raphael Guastavino.
Pass By: Pritchard Park, 4 College St, Asheville, NC 28801-2803
Home of Asheville’s famous Friday night Drum Circle.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
You will LOVE this walking tour. Tebbe' is a storyteller and historian and really knows his stuff. He easily fielded questions from our small group, and provided us with two-plus hours of information about Asheville and its inhabitants. I would recommend this to anyone living in or visiting Asheville.