Hiking Tour of Blue Ridge Parkway Waterfalls
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tumblestone Tours and Transportation, Asheville, NC
Stop At: Blue Ridge Parkway, NC
Your tour begins with pickup from your Asheville area hotel or accommodation by an air-conditioned van, which has all captains chairs for the drive to and along the Blue Ridge Parkway when open, which is also Great Smoky Mountain National Park an American treasure well known for its scenic beauty and remarkable mountain views. Sit back , relax and enjoy this stunning drive to our first waterfall in Pisgah National Forest before traveling a short distance to visit two more falls in a beautiful state forest. Along the way you'll listen to interesting stories about the rich history of the area that has been attracting people to the area for generations from your local Asheville guide.
Wear comfortable shoes or hiking boots for the easy to moderate hiking portion of the tour. You should feel comfortable walking approximately 3.5 miles at one time during the hiking portion of the tour with stops along the way that will allow you time to enjoy falls, a snack and drink that is provided. Bring a small day pack if you have one. Safety is always a priority!
After hiking, your tour concludes with transport back to your hotel, leaving you the rest of the afternoon to enjoy at your leisure.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within 4-miles of city center
- Drink and snack
- A meeting place and time for pickup can be arranged if you are more than 4 miles from city center
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum of 2 people per booking required
- Maximum of 7 people per tour
- Not suitable for participants who have had a knee or hip replacement within the last year
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints, or other serious medical conditions
- Hike is at a comfortable pace for approximately 3.0 miles about 1 1/2 miles per hour for hiking portion of the tour
- Operates in most weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 7 travelers
Our guide Keith was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. He knew the places to take us, and was always concerned about the whether the pace was good for us. I would highly recommend this tour and Keith.
Loved this hike. We saw so much. Plus our guide made sure we heard the history of the area. He kept the pace good for everyone too. Definitely a must if you want to walk in the beautiful outdoors near Asheville
We had an amazing experience with our tour guide he was so informative about the history of Asheville and The Vanderbilts. We were visiting from Florida ( elevation sea level) and not hikers, he was more than patient as we hiked up to 4000’ plus, not an easy journey for senior citizens. I would HIGHLY recommend Keith he did above and beyond our expectations and we had a wonderful time. NC is absolutely beautiful and we are blessed to have such an amazing guide.
Keith was friendly, very informative and in tune to the needs of his clients. The tour was beautiful and interesting. We would highly recommend this tour to friends and family.
A great way to get out and enjoy the views. I would have liked to had a longer drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway. Ours was cut short because a storm had closed part of the drive. I think we should have stopped so we could have got out and took more pictures a couple of times. The walk was pretty.
I enjoyed this tour. Our guide, Keith, was very knowledgeable about the area and shared interesting stories. The tour was a good introduction to the Blue Ridge Parkway and area. The hiking part of the tour was easy, but with a bit of an incline.
We had a amazing time,this was our 1st time to ashville and I'm so glad we chose to go on this tour to see smoke blue Ridge mountains Keith is a great tour guide. Very easy going make the choice you won't regret it.
Tour meet time was changed and I didn't notice. 10 minutes late, driver/guide let us. When we immediately called him he said we couldn't meet him at any of his other stops. Missed tour. Not accommodating.
A really nice way to get an introduction to the Smokies. Keith gives you some good stories about the background to the various forests in the area as well as taking to see some nice sights.