Tour to Abu Simbel Temples from Aswan
The great temple of Amon Re and Ra-Harakhte where the four famous colossal statues of Ramses II sit majestically over 20 meters high, staring out across the desert.
Walk to the small temple of Hathor dedicated to the cow-headed goddess of love, happiness, joy and music built in honor of Ramses favorite wife Queen Nefertari, Six massive standing statues front the temple each 10 meters high.
Originally cut into the side of a mountain, the two temples is now domed by an artificial mountain built to resemble the original location. The Great temple was constructed, so that the rising sun shone between the statues of Ramses and into the inner recesses of the sanctuary on February 22nd and October 22nd. Modern engineers spent a full year calculating the new placement of the temple to reproduce this miracle.
Today, as it has for millennia, the sun’s rays illuminate the holy statues for 20 minutes on those dates each year. The massive job took four years to complete, 1964-1968. Abu Simbel tour remains one of Egypt’s top tourist attractions.
Later on, you will be transferred back to Aswan hotel / Nile Cruise or airport
- Aswan Hotel, Nile Cruise Or airport pickup and return
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water during the tours
- Qualified Egyptologist tour guide
- All service charges and taxes
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (Tipping)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All participants: Names, Passports Numbers and country is required at time of booking
- Pick up & Drop off hotel names Or Flight details
- Your guide will pick you up at your Aswan hotel or Nile cruise Reception
- Private tour means Private guide & vehicle only for Viator costumers, 2-9 adult tour mean sharing two families same tour.
- Pickup and drop-off at Aswan airport is subject to an additional fee of US$7 per person
My wife and I took Abu Simbel tour in March 2018. Guide agreed to meet us airport at convenient time. They also returned us to Aswan hotel after the tour. Everything went off without a problem. Guide was very knowledgeable about history and made us feel welcome. Abu Simbel temple is decent ride south of Aswan but well worth it. I would highly recommend.
We loved Abu Simbel! We did not go as early as everybody suggested, instead left Aswan at 7AM, and when we got to Abu Simbel all other tourists were gone and we had the whole temple for ourselves!! It was amazing!! The people very friendly, including our guide Hati.