Auckland Express Tour- A personalised introduction
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Harbour Bridge, Curran St, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
We travel over the Auckland Harbour Bridge, and see where the 2021 America's Cup Yacht race will be held. We also see the biggest Marina in the Southern Hemisphere.
Stop At: Winter Garden Auckland Domain, Park Rd, Auckland Central, Auckland 1023 New Zealand
Visit the beautiful Wintergardens, and see our National Emblem the Silver Fern. There are Duck Ponds here teaming with life. Here is also is a cafe with arguably the best coffee in Auckland. We will have a bathroom/ Toilet stop here.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Access off Hillside Crescent Mount Eden Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1024 New Zealand
We visit Mt Eden/ Maungakiekie our highest natural point in the isthmus of Auckland. This is where you get to see the best views of Auckland. It is a dormant Volcano, and we learn about the history of this Mountain. Please note as it is a sacred mountain, there is a 10 minute walk to the top of about 300metres or 328 yards at approx 400 steps. A good level of fitness is required. The walk up is optional. We do get great views of Auckland where we stop the bus.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Eden Park, Reimers Avenue Entry G, Auckland Private Bag 56906, Dominion Road New Zealand
Seeing Eden Park our National Sports Stadium from Mt Eden. This was the venue for 2011 Rugby World Cup, and is home stadium for the World Champions the 'All Blacks" and our Cricket team the Black Caps.
Stop At: Cornwall Park, Epsom, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Visit the stunningly beautiful Cornwall
Park and see a working farm in Action. This park is what makes Auckland so special.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Holy Trinity Cathedral, St. Stephen's House 9 St. Stephen's Avenue, Auckland Central, Auckland 1001 New Zealand
We drive by our biggest Cathedral, where our most famous New Zealander Sir Edmund Hillary ( First person to climb Mt Everest) had his funeral.
Stop At: MJ Savage Memorial Park, Bastion Point, Auckland Central, Auckland 1071 New Zealand
We have our last stop at the Michael Joseph Savage Memorial. Dedicated to one of our most beloved Prime Ministers. We also see a Maori Village and talk about the history of the area.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie), 670 Manukau Road Epsom, Auckland Central, Auckland 1023 New Zealand
Learn about the Maori and Settler history of this Mountain. See the stunning scenery.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: Parnell Road, Auckland Central, Auckland 1052 New Zealand
We visit our oldest suburb of Parnell seeing the quaint Parnell Village with it Classical Victorian styled buildings.
- Local guide
- Hotel or port pickup (Morning tour only) and drop-off at centrally-located drop off points
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees (not specified)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Mt. Eden is a sacred mountain. Thus vehicles are not allowed to the top. Please note that there is a 10-minute walk of 220-yards (200-meters) 270 steps to the summit and volcanic crater. A good level of fitness is required; however, the walk is optional.
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Wonderful experience. Very interesting. The driver was very friendly. He explained everything with more professionalism
3 hours well spent, excellent tour conducted by a very knowledgeable and friendly tour guide/driver, we covered a lot of ground in 3 hours but at a relaxed pace, got to learn a great deal about aukland, new zealand and the people on this tour, made to feel welcome the moment i stepped on the bus, like talking to an old friend
Nice way to get acquainted with Auckland after an twelve hour plane ride.The guide Paul had a lot of knowledge.
Not very much to see. Time was wasted returning to pick up another passenger. Would not recommend.
Excellent! Only 6 in the group, comfortable van, informative guide.