Auckland City and West Coast Full-Day Tour
Be amazed by dramatic vistas from atop several of Auckland's 48 volcanic cones, including Auckland Domain with its portal to the Auckland Museum. Travel past colonial homes in the suburb of Parnell and along Tamaki Drive with sweeping views across Waitemata Harbour, spanned by the Auckland Harbour Bridge. Drive to Mission Bay, the city's most well-known beach, and see Rangitoto Island and the charming village of Devonport — home to Mt. Victoria.
Your driver-guide continues on through Titirangi, an artists enclave on Manukau Harbour. On arrival at the Arataki Visitor Centre, gateway to the Waitakere Ranges, capture vistas of the Tasman Sea and Pacific Ocean. Soaring cliffs, roaring surf, and volcanic black-sand beaches are the highlights along the North Island's rugged West Coast.
Finish with a walk through subtropical rainforest, where your guide points out ancient kauri, pohutukawa (aka New Zealand Christmas trees), and other native flora and fauna. Your 8-hour itinerary ends with drop-off at your Auckland city hotel or cruise port.
- Luxury air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional driver/guide
- National Park fees
- Lunch and snacks
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- All local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 4 years
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Dress code is smart casual
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements (note min pax number is only 2). In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour does not operate on Christmas Day
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Sofia was the best! loves her country, culture and people which makes her an amazing tour guide. Sharing knowledge and passion of history, special places and events.
Guide and driver was on time at our pre-arranged meeting spot. Great tour and we had the whole mini bus to ourselves. Wonderful scenery, great stops at Piha Beach and at the top of the mountain for stunning views of the beach below. We stop for walks to see the waterfalls at Kerekare and also at the Visitor centre at the National Park to see the giant Kauri and other species. Our wonderful guide, Julia , is full of enthusiasm and information and we see a lot of Auckland which is quite surprising. Wonderful lunch at Davenport - great food amid an equally great setting on the water's edge. Will happily recommend - you will see much more than you would expect.
A long interesting day but too much information given.
Excellent all day tour. Visited many locations and learned a lot about the area and culture. Excellent knowledgeable and personalbe guide.
We had an amazing tour - our guide was terrific and we got see everything we wanted to. We never felt rushed!
I had a great experience on this tour from beginning to end. My husband and I were conveniently picked up by Romy and had a whirlwind day seeing the sights of Auckland and surroundings. Romy has the perfect personality and background to introduce the city, explain its geologic history, and entertain a group. I recommend this tour to all that want to see the highlights of the city and the beautiful west coast.