Auckland Harbour Bridge Climb
NEW ZEALAND’S ONLY BRIDGE CLIMB
FULLY GUIDED TOUR
SPECTACULAR VIEWS FROM THE BRIDGE SUMMIT
EXCLUSIVE HARBOUR BRIDGE ACCESS
SEE BUNGY JUMPING UP CLOSE
Begin by either catching the complimentary coach transfer from the Sky Tower, or making your own way to the Westhaven Marina bridge climb office. At the office, your guide provides you with a safety briefing and introduction, as well as all-weather outerwear and safety gear. You can leave any extra belongings in the office lockers before heading out to the bridge.
When you’re suited up, follow your guide along custom-engineered walkways that lead to the summit of the bridge, which stands 200 feet (67 meters) above the water. Along the way, your guide points out engineering features and shares interesting facts about the construction and history of Auckland’s iconic bridge.
See the span from underneath and above during the climb, with regular stops to soak up amazing views of Auckland and Waitemata Harbour. Your guide helps you to identify landmarks in the Auckland skyline as you take in the spectacular sight of the city from this perspective. Also, your tour stops at the bungy jump platform where you get a great vantage point to watch the bungy jumpers take the plunge.
Your walk follows the gently curved arches of the bridge, for an easy climb that is suitable for a range of ages and fitness levels. Each person is clipped into a safety rail for added security. The provided outerwear keeps you warm and dry in all types of weather.
After about 1.5 hours and a memorable experience of the Auckland Harbour Bridge, you return to the bridge climb office to wrap up your tour.
- Bridge Climb
- Authentic Bridge Climb cap
- FREE return transport if required from Sky Tower
- Full commentary from professional guide
- Warm and wet weather gear
- Entry/Admission - Auckland Bridge Climb
- Food and drinks
- DVD and souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Self-drive: Site is located 105 Curran St extension, Westhaven Marina, Herne Bay, Auckland City, 10mins from downtown, FREE on-site parking
- With FREE transport: Free pick up available from SkyWalk/SkyJump at the Sky Tower corner of Victoria and Federal Streets, bookings are essential
- Age: Min 7 yrs (Children 14 and under need to be accompanied by an adult)
- Weight: Min 35kg - Max 150kg (78-330lbs)
- Height: Min 120cm (4ft)
- Clothing: Flat, secure and enclosed footwear must be worn. Wear comfortable clothing, no loose items permitted – on-site storage lockers
- Medical Conditions: These are a case by case basis so please talk to the team if you have a medical condition, pregnant women are unable to Bridge Climb
- Spectators: Not permitted on the bridge, but welcome to wait at our Bungy Bach
- Comfortable clothing
- Flat, secure and enclosed footwear must be worn
- Cameras are more than welcome, however cameras (including video), mobile phones or binoculars are not permitted on the bridge at any time during the climb. Your guide will take photos available for purchase upon conclusion of your trip. Security lockers are provided for belongings to be stored in
- Self-drive: 00am, 11.30am, 2.30pm. Check-in at your scheduled booking time
- With FREE transport: 9.00am, 11.30am, 2.30pm. MUST report 10 mins before departure
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
We had a very nice time on the walk with a very nice guide. Worth doing to see Auckland as you never would.
I really enjoyed all aspects of the Bridge Climb, from the history of it's engineering to the final walk of the across the arch. The view of the city and habour is spectacular as well.
It's not Sydney Harbour Bridge so don't expect the same experience There is a long walk to the arch and you are quite close to the traffic The organisation and guide were excellent It may be best to walk back via the boardwalk as the courtesy bus isn't very regular
The bridge climb was great fun. We had great views of Auckland and the history of the bridge and its construction was surprisingly interesting!!
Wonderful experience and what a beautiful view of Auckland
Enjoyed this walk,the guide was knowledgeable and put everyone at ease ,worth doing
Great fun. I'm not the fittest and thought it might be really tiring, but it wasn't. Very gentle climb, not very steep. Did not feel at all nervous or anxious at all as you are so well secured to rail the whole time. We watched a bungy jump off bridge at close range, which was awesome. A great experience which I'd highly recommend.