Auckland Shore Excursion: West Coast Wineries Tour
If you've selected the morning tour option, you'll stop on the way to look out over the magnificent Muriwai black-sand beach on the wild Tasman Sea coast, and then take a short walk to the popular Takapu gannet colony, where you can get an up-close look at these large sea birds and take advantage of great photo ops. If you've chosen the afternoon tour option, you'll visit an additional winery instead.
At both a large established winery and a smaller boutique label, taste a range of New Zealand’s wines, from chardonnay to pinot noir to Bordeaux-style. During your guided winery visits (either two or three, depending on option selected), you'll also discover why the West Auckland region is known for its wide-ranging varieties of wines, made from grapes grown in such world-famous wine areas as the South Island’s Marlborough and Central Otago, and the North Island’s Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne.
Your trip back to the Auckland port takes you along the Tasman Sea for fabulous views of this wild, rugged coastline. You'll then arrive back at the waterfront in time to re-board your ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Auckland cruise port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Wine tastings
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Alcohol may be supplied to minors only by their parents or legal guardians
- For passengers ending their cruise in Auckland and have the day available for this tour option there is a secure luggage storage available on the wharf close to where your cruise ship will berth. Should luggage storage be required full details will be supplied at the time of your booking confirmation
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Great and beautiful wineries. Awesome guide! Enjoyed the wines.
This was a post cruise excursion to see sights outside of Auckland and visit wineries. John, our guide, was very friendly and informative. We first went to the northern coast to see the the Tasman Sea, the Muriwai black sand beach, and the Takapu gannet colony. John provided great commentary on what we were seeing. Then we were off to visit two wineries for tasting. John selected two excellent wineries and were received a broad selection of great local wines to taste.