Auckland Waterfront Guided Bike Tour
9.15am - meet your private guide at our Auckland city base, located at Unit D, 80 Wyndham Street. Only 5-10mins walk from all the major inner city hotels and public transport hubs. Changing rooms, toilets and luggage storage available.
9.30am - tour commences with safety briefing and gear fittings (bike and helmet).
9.45am - riding begins in earnest, heading in to the Viaduct Basin and along to Queens Wharf.
10am - we head towards Mission Bay, stopping several times for local stories and views. Public bathrooms are available as various points on the way.
11.15am - light refreshments can be enjoyed on the beach (participants own cost) or simply enjoy the beautiful views and surrounding park.
11.45am - return journey begins with several more stops including an optional hill climb - easily walked if necessary. Commanding views across the Hauraki Gulf.
12.30pm - arrive back at our base in Wyndham Street. Farewells. Souvenir cycle jerseys available for enthusiasts to purchase!
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Hotel or port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking for an additional NZ$10 - payable in-store before tour departs
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking so we can allocate the right size bike to you and your companions
Sue was our wonderful guide. She 's a passionate rider and well informed She ensured our cycling venture was most memorable. Bikes were perfect for the two of us and we loved the little treat-:)
We only had an afternoon in Auckland so I decided on a cycle tour with my wife. Great choice. Our cycle guide Marion was superb, she was so enthusiastic about her homeland. We went all over the waterfront area and she explained the history and development of this young country. She was also careful not to tire us out and had frequent stops to explain particular sites. We were lucky with the weather and that there were only us two, so very personal.