Devonport Volcanoes Afternoon Tour from Auckland
Drive across the Harbour Bridge to Lake Pupuke, which is a gigantic volcanic explosion crater. You will then be taken to O'Neil's Bay, where you will enjoy a short walk to see where the lava flows from Lake Pupuke have run through an ancient forest, creating unique tree molds. There is then an option of a 15-minute walk along Takapuna Beach, where you will be picked up at the end of the walk.
Heading to North Head volcano, start a 30-minute walk to explore the tunnels which were built in the late 19th century to service the large gun emplacements. Continuing right around the volcano, you will finish up at the top, where there are spectacular views of Rangitoto and the harbour.
Then drive to Mt Victoria volcano, and enjoy the views of Auckland City from the opposite side of the harbour. There is the option to stay in Devonport for dinner and take the ferry back to Auckland City in your own time and expense, or be driven back across the Harbour Bridge to finish up before 7pm.
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring sunscreen, walking shoes or boots, a camera, any personal medication you may require, and wet weather gear in case the weather turns bad
- Note that you will be walking on steep and loose tracks, so a reasonable level of fitness is required
This was a great tour for the afternoon. Our tour guide, Mike, was informative and friendly. Unfortunately, it was raining hard on the day of our tour. Mike offered to reschedule but since we were only here a couple'of days we didn't have time. Due to the rain we missed a couple of places but overall we had a great time. My only hesitation with the tour was the size of the group for the van. There were 8 of us on the tour and the van was a bit crowded. I would totally recommend this tour. Even so, it was a good value for the money.