Gourmet Wine and Food Downtown Walking Tour in Auckland
Meeting under the arch of our busy Ferry Building, we continue back towards the sea getting our bearings - where we will be visiting our first restaurant stop, where we'll enjoy two entre dishes paired perfectly with local wine. Continuing past our America's cup winners to our next destination and we'll continue on walking through tiny side streets in the old part of town. We will be visiting restaurnats owned by celebrity chefs and often-times tasting the establishments ‘signature dish’ an/or seasonal speciality. We will be discovering different cultures and how they have become much loved by all the locals. The tasty morsels are made from fresh local produce accompanied by matching pre-dinner drinks (local wine tastings).
You will be introduced to Auckland’s first street, oldest bar and award-winning restaurants and much more. Each stop en route has its own unique character and its own story to tell, through its people, building, food and wine.
• Experience a variety of fresh local award-winning cuisine and wine which showcases not only our multicultural Auckland scene but also our excellent food and wine.
• See the history of our colonial settlers – through historic buildings and streets
• Learn about what’s great in downtown Auckland in a fun, intimate and relaxed way
• Small groups (no larger than 8 people) with an English speaking local guide
• The food will amount to a mid-sized meal
- Walking tour with a historical narrative
- Food tasting - this will amount to a mid-sized meal
- Wine tastings and beverages and water
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- No specific dietary requirements are catered for
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Had a very interesting and tasty food and wine tour of Auckland with Louise. The restaurants we visited were exceptional and the staff welcomed us warmly and were attentive and informative. Louise had clearly prepared well, knew the staff in the restaurants, and was an informative guide without being pushy or obtrusive. Would highly recommend this tour.
Mimi's Gourmet Wine and Food Tour was ridiculously enjoyable! My husband and I really felt that we had won some kind of lottery. Imagine sitting at 4 acclaimed Auckland restaurants, basically one on one with chefs and assistants, enjoying pairings of delectable appetizer portions of some of the most creative and eclectic dishes, along with wine tastings to match. Because the tour meets late afternoon you seem to have the full commitment of the staff. Most memorable, if I had to pick, were the mussels dripping in butter and ginger sauce, followed by he/she cocktails made by the Auckland famous bartender, Jesus. The Wine Chambers reminded us of Paris, but the delightful Martina described it was really inspired by a German restaurant. We loved it all so much, we were inspired to continue in the evening at another one of Martinas restaurants, Number 5, where we continued to delight in fabulous Auckland food heaven. We could go on... but Mimi made it all such a wonderful continuous pleasure with her knowledge of Auckland's history and her clear connection and relationship with the restaurants on her tour. If you are in Auckland.. this is a must and will provide you with eating out ideas for the rest of your time in Auckland.
Lots of fun. Great group. Food samples were small but delicious. A little pricey but enjoyed ourselves.
Mimi did a great job! it was like meeting an old friend. : Mimi was very informative as we walked, ate, and sipped. All her choices for treat stops couldn't of been better. it was the perfect way to start the trip. I would highly recommend starting your trip in Aucklandn with Mimi!!!! and when we come back, we will book another tour with Mimi. thanks for a great tour! Deborah