Waiheke Island Double Headland Coastal Walk
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waiheke Island, Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland 1081 New Zealand
This is our signature walk which runs every day, and it’s great in any weather. Experience the twin headlands of Matiatia and Church Bay on Waiheke Island, leaving from and returning to the ferry terminal. This guided walk is suitable for those who can walk five hours on hilly terrain.
We begin your trip back to nature by greeting you as soon as you step off the ferry. Straight away you’ll be drawn in by the gorgeous scenery and beautiful coastal environment.
Our guided walks are small and highly personal, so groups for this walk are limited to 12 people. Please book well in advance as this is one of our most popular walks and gets booked up!
Duration: 5 hours
- Fantastic scenic walk and expert guiding and interpretation
- Walking maps
- Plenty of time for a leisurely lunch
- Return transfers to the ferry (or your island accommodation)
- Ferry fares
- Lunch (your options for lunch are to bring your own, order a lunchbox ahead of time from us, or purchase something from one of the shops or cafes when we stop for lunch)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Advisable to bring: Walking shoes, Water, Raincoat, Day pack, Lunch if you wish to picnic on the beach
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Justine was absolutely fantastic and made the day so enjoyable. It ended up being just me on the walk, which was great that they still take people out despite having a small group. The hike itself was gorgeous - not too difficult, but there are definitely some areas with stairs and/or a steeper incline. Justine was personable, knowledgeable and allowed me to customize the walk slightly since it was just me. So glad I did this day trip and highly recommend it to others considering it!