Half-Day Volcano Tour from Auckland
Hike to the summits of four of Auckland's youngest volcanoes (inactive) — Mt. Eden, Mangere Mountain, Mt. Wellington, and One Tree Hill — and admire spectacular views of Auckland city and its 3 harbours from vantage points around the craters.
Along the way, keep watch for native and country animal life and listen as your guide sheds light on Auckland's rich volcanic geology and Maori history. At approximately 2pm, return to the cruise port near Queens Wharf where your 5-hour tour will come to an end.
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Hiking tour
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note that you will be walking on steep and loose tracks, so a reasonable level of fitness is required.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring sunscreen, walking shoes or boots, a camera, any personal medication you may require, and wet weather gear in case the weather turns bad.
A very cost effective way to see several of Auckland's volcanoes in a day. For less than the cost of taxi rides or renting a car and self driving, I got a knowledgeable guide in Mike and hassle-free transport. Highly recommended.
Personable,knowledgeable and thoughtful leader/teacher. Most reasonable and cost effective trip in Auckland.
We visited 4 volcano sites. Our guide was informative and the views were great, but it was a lot of walking and seeing the same type of thing at each site.
This tour gives you a very good understanding of the physical development and history of Auckland. We never really understood the significance of the volcanoes and how they developed and their importance in the historical development of the Maori and British settlement. Our guide was very personable and knowledgeable.
despite the extremely windy day this was an interesting tour. learned that Auckland is built on Volcanos and it was interesting to see some of he areas