Muriwai Scenic Wine Tour from Auckland
Visit Muriwai — a seaside enclave popular with surfers and famous for its black sand beaches — and explore with your guide. Watch gannets in the wild at Otakamiro Point, and admire fine views over the open coastline.
Head onward to Kumeu River Wines, Matua Wines, or West Brook wine estate, and sample some of the diverse cabernet, chardonnay, pinot gris, reisling, or sauvignon blanc wines in production.
When your wine-tasting session comes to an end, return in comfort to your Auckland hotel to conclude your tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - The Hunting Lodge Winery & Restaurant
- Entry/Admission - Kumeu River Wines
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
Lovely afternoon highly knowledgeable tour guide, 2 great wine tastings, some incredible scenery and a fabulous view of the gannet colony. Highly recommended and good value.
Our day with John was amazing. He picked us up right in front of our hotel and we got lucky to be the only people booked that day, it was a private wine tour. We headed out to the vineyards and tasted some great wines. Big shout out to The Hunting Lodge Winery and Rota - it was our favorite of the day. John then took us to the coast to see the gannets and their chicks. What a majestical sight. An overall great day and would totally do this tour again next time we are in Auckland.