Private Tour: Waitomo Caves Day Trip from Auckland
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Auckland Domain, Park Road, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Pick up from your hotel accommodation and drive through Auckland CBD and head out towards Waitomo a small village in North Island of New Zealand.
Stop At: Waitomo Glowworm Caves, 39 Waitomo Village Road, Waitomo Caves 3943 New Zealand
Waitomo is a village on the North Island of New Zealand. It’s known for its extensive underground cave systems. Thousands of glow-worms light up the Glowworm Caves. The vast Ruakuri Cave features waterfalls and limestone formations. West, Mangapohue Natural Bridge is a high limestone arch over Mangapohue Stream. Northeast of the village.
Duration: 1 hour
- Private driver/guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Light refreshments and bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- All guides speak English. If you should need a guide that speaks one the following languages it will cost an additional flat rate of 150NZD per group booked: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Excellent - we added the Hobiton on to the Waitomo caves and it was fabulous - Anili the driver also used spare time to get us to the KIWI house - very well informed and helpful guide highly recommend!
We had a lovely guide, Irina and we thoroughly enjoyed the day and the experience. We would recommend this tour to others.
Unusual caverns with glow worms and a nice history lessons.
While the focal point was the Waitomo caves (breathtaking, outstanding, amazing), the highlight was the tour guide. He was very flexible with other things to see and provided insight to New Zealand that we wouldn't have been able to get otherwise. Highly recommend this private trip!