Rangitoto Island Tour from Auckland
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fullers 360 Discovery Cruises, 139 Quay Street Fullers360 Information Centre and Ticket Office, Auckland Central, Auckland 1010 New Zealand
Board your Fullers360 Ferry to Rangitoto Island from the downtown ferry terminal in the Auckland CBD
Stop At: Hauraki Gulf, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
Cruise across the beautiful Hauraki Gulf from Auckland city to the Volcanic shore of Rangitoto.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Rangitoto Island, Auckland Central, Auckland New Zealand
• Guided 4WD road train tour through 600-year-old volcanic landscape
• Transport to the base of the summit, where there are approximately
300 boardwalk steps to the top for 360-degree views
• Commentary about island’s history and geology
Duration: 3 hours
- Live commentary on board
- 2-hour guided 4WD road-train tour on Rangitoto Island
- Return Rangitoto Ferry
- Entry/Admission - Rangitoto Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- This Voucher is Valid for Travel
- Please dress appropriately
- The 4WD road-train has drop-down clear curtain for protection in the rain
- No shops are located on the island. Please bring food and drinks. Food and beverages can be purchased on the ferry en route to Rongitoto Island
- The walk to the summit includes boardwalk stairs. The walk is optional. You can choose to enjoy the view from the base
- Be sure to bring enough snacks, water and sunscreen for the day as there are no stores on the island
Short ferry ride to the island. Book before you go and book the trip with the tractor ride as those places book out quickly. The walk to the summit is very step but the view is worth the pain. Our tour guide was very informative with the history of the island. Take a hat. food and lots of water. All rubbish has to be taken back to Auckland as there are not bins on the island. We went over the Easter week end and the ferry was over crowded, we took the early trip which had the option of staying on the island longer.
Very nice trip, lovely views and helpfull quider. I can recommend this trip everybody who want to know something new about nature in New Zealand
I loved it but then I love to hike. My husband not so much. Be aware you are walking on a volcano lava rock and it is a long steep walk to the top. Glad we went on a cloudy day. I love the view once you reach the peak. Be certain to wear good supportive shoes, you're feet will be tired from the trip. Saw many people who had fallen from slipping on the lava rock and were scraped up from the experience. Never fret it is beautiful and fun.
The Guide was very informative and able to see views without too much hard walk by pulled by tractor. It's around half hour walk from tractor to see view so able to enjoy walk and to see all around of the island. Then back on the tractor to go around to see volcanic stones then back to pier. It is a beautiful view. You go to pier 2 to exchange your voucher at ticket window then go to pier 4 to get on the boat which not stated at the time of booking. It seemed lots of people had trouble at the pier.
The tallest and newest of the volcanoes that dot the Auckland landscape. The views from the topare spectacular. It's a 15 minute hike up a boardwalk with 350 stairs to get up there but it's worth it. There are also several large lava fields that simply don't look like anything you'd think would occur naturally. The guide was adequate although not as good as some others we've had.
The tour was good value for money. A half day tour lets you spend the morning in a volcano island with interesting sights and a view of the harbor and city
Nice day out and an unusual experience of driving through lava fields
The tour itself was amazing. The only reason for giving 3 stars instead of 5 is because of my experience with Viator. Do yourself a favour and don’t book with them. They double sold our tour and then didn’t do anything to help us once they had our money. I had to contact fullers myself.