Small-Group Coromandel Peninsula Day Trip from Auckland
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Bush and Beach, Auckland Central, Auckland 0650 New Zealand
You will be picked up by Bush and Beach for your tour today
Stop At: Driving Creek Railway, 380 Driving Creek Rd, Coromandel 3506, New Zealand
Take a ride on the Mountain railway system to the Eyeful Tower
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cathedral Cove Walk, 65 Grange Rd S, Hahei 3591 New Zealand
Walk down to Cathedral Cove and enjoy the gorgeous white sand beach
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ocean Beach Road, Hot Water Beach New Zealand
Hot Water Beach is one of the highlight of this tour - if the tide is right dig a hole in the sand and feel the warm water bubble through.
Duration: 1 hour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Entry/Admission - Driving Creek Railway
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A reasonable level of walking ability required and shoes with a good grip are advised
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum 2 adults required for this tour to run
- Not recommended for infants or people with motion sickness sensitivities.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This was a good tour overall to get a taste of the Coromandel. If I could do it again, I would skip the Driving Creek Railway and allow for more time at Cathedral Cove. Our tour guide was nice and he took us to the Hot Water beaches in time to experience them and later to a great place for lunch. However, if I ever return, I'll probably do it without a tour, so as not to be on a time crunch. The return journey was along a beautiful scenic beach route and it would have been more enjoyable if we weren't flying to get back to Auckland by a certain time.
It was amazing trip , so much to see with excellent tour guy, enjoyed every moment of it and look forward to take it again.
I'm a Narnia Fan and so this tour was a must-do for me. I visited the Coromandel Peninsula mid-February and it was a rainy and cloudy day. The schedule for the day is tidal-dependant. The train journey was nice and at the top there was a lookout platform, not much walking involved. The whole experience lasted about one hour. The sky started to clear up and the weather was beautiful. Instead taking us to the Cathedral Cove right away to make use of the nice weather, we stopped at an unspectacular waterfall and went for a lovely 10-min stroll through a Kauri forest. We then had lunch and by the time we've finished lunch it was raining again. I felt bumped because the Cathedral Cove on a rainy and dark day is not the same as on a nice one. However, the only good thing is, not too many people went there, so it was less crowded. Cathedral Cove is definitely a must-see place in New Zealand!! I wouldn't have minded to spend the whole day only at Cathedral Cove but we had 1 h 15 min including 30 min walking distance from the car park each way to get a feeling for the place. It was too little time and I felt extremely rushed. Last stop was Hot Water Beach and two boys in my group dug a hole. The water temperature ranged from cold over lukewarm to scalding hot. The guide made up for the lack of time at Cathedral Cove thanks to his informative and interesting commentary otherwise I think I would only have given three stars. I have no idea where the money went for this tour. In my opinion it is highly overpriced and I think there are many cheaper offers to get to Coromandel than this.