Waiheke Island Exploration and Zipline Day Trip from Auckland
Enjoy a 25-minute mini-tour of Waiheke en route to the visitor center at Trig Hill, where you’ll have fabulous views from one of the island’s highest points, taking in panoramas of Auckland and the Hauraki Gulf.
Then check in, grab your safety gear, and make your way to the first viewing platform for your three exciting 655-foot (200-meter) zipline flights. With a maximum of 12 zipline participants, you'll receive personal attention from your expert guide. After an instructional briefing, you’ll be safely attached to the zipline by a full-body harness.
To ease you into the zipline experience gently, your first zipline flight takes you above an undulating vineyard for thrill that’s not quite as intense as bungy jumping – New Zealand’s most famous adrenaline-pumping pastime – but just as exciting!
The second and third zipline flights take you across a valley, above a carpet of native forest. To add to the adventure, the gradient is gradually increased on these two flights.
Back on the ground, take an easy 1-mile (1.5-km) interpretive forest walk back to the visitor center on your own. You’ll learn about New Zealand’s diverse flora and fauna.
After your eco-adventure, you’ll be returned to the island’s terminal, where ferries make the 40-minute trip back to Auckland roughly every hour (own expense, approximately $35 per passenger return ticket).
- Pickup and drop-off at Waiheke Island Ferry Terminal
- Island mini tour introducing Waiheke's beautiful beaches, valleys, bays and vineyards
- Small group zipline tour, keeping your experience unhurried and personal
- Fully accompanied zipline experience, escorted by two professional guides
- Native forest walk - a gentle amble throughbeautiful, centuries-old NZ forest
- Food and drinks
- Ferry rides between Auckland and Waiheke Island
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum weight is 66lbs (30kg) and the maximum is 275lbs (125kg)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please note: 40-minute Ferry between Auckland and Waiheke Island is approximately NZ$40.00 for adults and NZ$20.00 for children aged between 5-15 years
- Please note: An additional $49 fee per person will be payable to EcoZip Adventures upon reschedules within 48hours of the booking.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
It was an amazing experience to go on the zipline this time! We missed it 2 years ago on our trip here to New Zealand and we were determined to go back. It’s all worth it! The staff was equally friendly and helpful! This is something we will go back to when we go back here.
Amazing experience! A great mix of adrenaline fun and a short nature walk to learn more about the preserved eco system on Waiheke Island. There are 3 zip lines in total and they all provide an exceptional view of the surrounding. I think the trip is of good value as well compare to other ziplining options in NZ. The driver picked me up from the ferry terminal and provided all of us a brief and interesting history of the island, our guides were friendly and professional and made sure everyone is safe and feels that way too. I also enjoyed the nature walk at the end, so many interesting facts and it's great to know how much the company and NZ is currently doing to preserve the environment.