Wineries Honey and Black Sand Beaches from Auckland
Taste wine at Coopers Creek where they have an excellent range of award winning classic and "not so familiar" varietals like Arneis, Albarino, GrunerVeltliner and Montepulciano. Take ann open menu one course lunch at "Provenance of Matua Valley" and if you wish try the range of native flora and Manuka UMF honey’s.
Relax with a side trip through rolling sheep country to visit the Muriwai black sand beach. See the rugged West Coast & regional Park meeting the Tasman Sea.
In the afternoon visit Matua Wines for a generous selection of varietals and blends in the cellar door shop. Matua Wines was the first wine company in New Zealand to produce Sauvignon Blanc.
- Wine tasting
- National Park Fees
- Local Guide
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Personal expenses and gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
John was very informative with not only with wines, but general New Zealand info as well, the cellarmasters would go through the wines with us in detail. We went to several wineries and had at least 4 tastings at each, with a mix of white and red wines. It was raining and cold when we did our tour, so just viewed where the penguins would be at that Black Sandy Beach, didn't go walking down to the beach. Will do this next time we do the tour. Excellent tour would recommend highly.
We really enjoyed our day! John did a great job!