Homemade food from Azerbaijani granny
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sumqayıt Şəhər Icra Hakimiyyəti, 9 Azərbaycan Prospekti, Sumqayıt 5000, Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan has one of the most delicious cuisines ever. It is a mixture of turkish, iranian, middles eastern region and definitely with local elements and tastes.
Tour is mainly about visiting granny's house locating in Sumqayit city and taste the great examples of national cuisine. Generally, there will be a fixed menu, but we can discuss it after booking according to your preferences. All food, pickles etc will be homemade. (So it includes different variety of food which can be prepared at home, example - kebabs are not available in our menu).
There will be around 5 types of main meal on the table - example Dolma, Qutab, Pilaf etc, soup, some salads, juice, pickles etc. At the end, you will have chance to take some meals with yourself as takeaway.
Then, you will enjoy the tea with local traditional sweet (it can be shekerbura, paxlava or qogal etc depending on some reasons)
Everybody goes to restaurant while travelling to try national cuisine, but we are offering you national cuisine in homemade style.
Some important notes:
1. Almost everything will be homemade (even including juice and bread)
2. Please let us know about vegeterian options.
3. Meal will be prepared in halal, muslim conditions (so there will not be pork at all), but we can take a wine or beer with ourselves to their house.
4. Mainly chicken and beef will be used - so please after booking it would be very nice to be in touch about menu and your health conditions (anything allergic or you can not eat) to inform granny beforehand as the meal will be ready when we already reach there
Duration: 2 hours
- Amazing Local Dinner (national cuisine)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Sumqayıt Şəhər Icra Hakimiyyəti
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase) - We can get it from supermarket on our way
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
This was the absolute best travel experience! I LOVED it! We traveled to a small town outside of Baku to the home of the tour guide's granny where she and her family have been living for 30 years. To be welcomed into her home and see how real Azerbaijanian's live was amazing and would have made me happy enough. But, the food was also FANTASTIC. Everything was entirely homemade, it was all prepared perfectly, and I was able to try many, many typical Azerbaijanian dishes. The granny, her husband, and her daughter-in-law were all so very welcoming, were happy to take pictures with me, and gave me the most amazing travel experience I've had yet. If you want to experience real Azerbaijanian life and love trying local food, this will be one of the best things you'll ever do.