Full Brunei Experience - City Excursion - Water Village and Mangrove Safari
This package provides you the ideal glimpse to Bandar Seri Begawan’s top sights. You will be greeted in the morning by our friendly representative for your historically filled tour. Your first pit stop will be the Royal Regalia Building in the bustling capital. Enjoy its grandiose exhibits of Brunei’s royal family and life-sized replicas of the Sultan’s life and success.
No visit to Brunei is complete without a visit to the majestic Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque. Dubbed as one of the best in Islamic architecture, this glitter domed mosque is the country’s icon and its sheer grandness resonates. The tour will then bring you to the picturesque Jame Asr Mosque. Built by the current Sultan, this spectacular mosque can fit up to almost 4,500 worshippers. To wrap up your delightful tour, you will stop by at Istana Nurul Iman. Considered the largest residential palace in the world, catch a glimpse of the royal cars passing by if you’re lucky.
Relax and enjoy your lunch break before your Brunei discovery continues.
Continue to the Water Village which is one of Brunei's heritage jewels, being not only the world's largest settlement on stilts, but also the cultural heartland of the Brunei Malay. The 'village' in its name is rather misleading, as it was the capital and centre of the Brunei Empire until the modernization drive during the Resident's administration (the current city centre only begun being developed around that time). Take a wooden water Taxi ride to visit the Water village gallery on stilt, stroll along wooden walkways with your guide and have a close look at villager's home.
In the late afternoon we will bring you into the mangroves. The tropical mangroves are a rich repository of numerous species of trees and other plants but they are perhaps most well-known for harboring an interesting selection of wildlife, such as mangrove cat snakes, crocodiles, monitor lizards and the most curious of all, the proboscis monkey. Endemic only to certain parts of Borneo, these monkeys became known for their bright-orange brown coats, long white tails, and the protruding noses on the adult males. Head into the mangrove wilderness in an open boat for an adventure to spot these, and perhaps even more!
Short Itinerary & highlights
- Pick-up from hotel lobby
- Visit Royal Regalia Building
- Stop at Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien Mosque
- Visit Jame Asr' Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque (Thursday & Friday closed for inside visit)·
- Stop at 'Istana Nurul Iman', the Royal Palace
- Lunch (approx. noon)
- Panoramic boat ride to Water Village
- Visit Water Village Gallery
- Stroll from Village to village on wooden walkway
- Panoramic boat ride past Water Village and back of Royal Palace
- Wildlife spotting in the mangrove forests
- Return boat ride
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Landing and facility fees
- Mineral water
- Pick-up/Drop-off outside BSB & its vicinity
- Visits/Stops outside of the itinerary
- Food and drinks beyond those included
- Additional services beyond those stated
- Free gifts or souvenirs
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 30 people per booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Lots to see of the city.
A fantastic tour. The guide was so knowledgeable and friendly. I loved the mix of different experiences - the mosques, the museum, the market, the water village and the mangroves.