Half Day City Tour and Optional Water Village Experience
After a quick pickup from your hotel, drive past Bandar Seri Begawan's historic sites: Lapau, Brunei's royal ceremonial hall, and Dewan Majlis, the stunning parliament house. Next, visit the majestic Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddin Mosque, often regarded as one of the most beautiful mosques in the region. Take time to admire the modern Islamic designs, a fusion of Mughal and Italian styles.
Continue your tour by exploring the Brunei Museum and the Royal Regalia Center to learn about Brunei's unique culture and heritage before stopping at the enormous Jame Asr Hassanil Bolkiah Mosque. Your last stop is Istana Nurul Iman, the official residence of the Sultan of Brunei. Marvel at its grandiose architecture and don't miss this opportunity to snap photos of one of the largest residential palaces in the world.
- Bottled water
- Local, professional, English speaking guide
- Full commentary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (City Centre hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Royal Regalia Museum
- Entry/Admission - Istana Nurul Iman
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Children (below 2 years old) are complimentary
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Mosque will be close on Thursday & Friday for Non-Muslim visit
- No photographs allowed to be taken in the mosque & Brunei Museum
- Ladies visitors are required to wear a black cot (provided by mosque) before entering the Mosque
- Shoes are to be taken off before entering the Mosque or Royal Regalia.
- Shoes to be taken off before entering to Royal Regalia Centre
- Prices not applicable for Cruise Ship passengers
- Tours can be conducted in small groups
Great overview of the city and great guide.
Saw the main sights of Bandar Seri Begawan, including the main mosques, the downtown area, government buildings and the Brunei Museum and Royal Regalia Center. Took a boat to the Water Village and toured the home of a resident. Had baked treats and tea in the home. A really good partial day introduction to the city. Our guide was a local person with a lot of knowledge about the inner workings of Brunei and he explained many of the local customs. Note - we toured on a Friday and were unable, as non-Muslims, to enter the mosques. We knew this when booking the tour, as this was the only day that worked for us.