Banff National Park Guided Hike with Lunch
Your full-day hiking tour begins with a convenient pickup. Meet your guide, double-knot your laces and set off into the wilderness with your optional hiking poles in tow. Learn fascinating interpretive facts about the area along the way and enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch. At the end of your hike, you’ll be dropped off back at your pickup location.
Sunday - Kootenay National Park Trails
Travel to three short hiking trails within Kootenay National Park such as Vista Lake, Marble Canyon, Numa Falls, Paint Pots, and Fireweed Loops. Enjoy connecting with nature with a variety of different views of the National Park. This trip is ideal for families and first time hikers!
Return Distance: 4.5 miles (8km)
Elevation Gain: 492 feet (150 meters)
Monday and Saturday - Larch Valley
Beginning from the Valley of Ten Peaks at Moraine Lake, this scenic trail is not for the faint of heart, as there are sometimes bears in the area. But the brave are rewarded with unforgettable views on the ascent through the Larch Forest, towards Sentinel Pass. Adventurous nature lovers will like this moderate 5-hour climb.
Return Distance: 5.6 miles (9 km)
Elevation: 1,500 feet (465 meters)
Tuesday and Thursday - Stanley Glacier
This trail takes you through the regrowth of the tragic 1960s and 2003 fires, so you can see new life emerging in this once blackened forest. See stunning views of Stanley Glacier sliding down the side of Mt Stanley as well as Peyto Lake. This is a great hike for those seeking a relatively easy 4-hour stroll through beautiful scenery.
Return Distance: 5.25 miles (8.4 km)
Elevation: 1,285 feet (395 meters)
Wednesday and Friday - Plain of Six Glaciers
Begin on the shores of picturesque Lake Louise, then rise up a mountain for breathtaking views of the emerald lake from above and surrounding valleys and peaks. Stop at the teahouse for cakes and tea (own expense). People wanting a challenge with rewarding views will dig this moderate 5-hour hike.
Return Distance: 6.6 miles (10.6 km)
Elevation: 1,110 feet (340 meters)
This tour is seasonal and only operates from June through to early October. Early and late season itinerary changes may apply.
- Certified hiking guide
- Use of hiking poles
- Packed lunch
- Return transport from Banff
- Small-group tour
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 13 years and all children aged between 13 and 15 years of age must be accompanied by an adult and have a parent or guardian sign their waiver
- Children aged 16 – 17 years old may go on the hike without an adult, but a parent must meet the guide in the morning to sign a waiver
- Please be prepared for the mountain weather, it changes quickly. To ensure that you enjoy the day, please wear/bring: lightweight hiking pants, a breathable shirt (not cotton!), a warm layer (like a fleece jacket, a waterproof jacket, a hat and sunglasses, hiking shoes (sturdy, ideally waterproof or water resistant hiking boots or shoes - trainers or runners are okay, but boots are better), a small backpack, a water bottle, sunscreen, bug spray and your camera.
- Child prices are not available, adult prices apply to all travelers
- Early season itinerary changes may apply, please inquire at the time of booking
- Please note: due to changing weather conditions throughout the year, your hiking route may be modified for safety or accessibility of trails