Bangkok Chinatown Small-Group Night Food Tour
Follow your guide along from sleepy Talad Noi with its charming local life via backroad alleys and , a major boulevard that transforms at night into a sea of street stalls forming a large, informal food bazaar. In addition to the excellent street food, Chinatown is also home to fine Chinese restaurants. Visit 8-10 different food spots where you'll try a variety of dishes and learn about the inspiration and ingredients behind each. Sample spicy snacks, typical dinner items and sweet desserts, and chat with other food lovers that you encounter.
As you walk along both crowded streets and quiet lanes, your guide points out locations from various film sets, temples hidden down narrow alleyways and other only-in-Thailand sights. Discover places that you might never find on your own, and ask your guide any questions you have about the things you come across.
Expect to walk less than 2.5 miles (4 km) at a leisurely pace with plenty of stops for photo ops and food. Alcoholic drinks and other beverages are not included but can be purchased at most locations. At the end of the tour, you can remain in Chinatown or continue into the night, on your own.
- Local guide
- Transport by tuk-tuk or local bus
- Food tastings (enough for dinner)
- Entry/Admission - Chinatown - Bangkok
- Drinks (available for purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum numbers apply; there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements; in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please be aware that the tuk-tuk ride may be replaced with a local bus ride depending on availability
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Very interesting to her. But the best part of this experience was trying all the street food. Our guide was very knowledgeable and informative and she knew exactly which street food vendors to take us to so there was no need to worry about eating the street food.
This tour was not really what I was expecting. Our guide was rather friendly and accommodating. But the tour is for young people. You take a tuk tuk from the hotel/guest house and then it's a 3.5hr walk from there.
We had a great time on this tour. The trip lasted late into the night. The information was great and our guid was this little Asian lady that was a pistol. She made the night so fun. There was so much food so do not eat before going. All the places we stopped to eat were safe and the food was very tasty. If your looking for a fun time and walking around meeting new people take this tour.
Our knowledgable guide was attentive and generous, she took us to parts of china town you would only find by chance. The food was varied and delicious! Would highly recommend this tour excellent guide, excellent food a brilliant way to spend an evening.
We done this trip prior to the Bangkok food tour. I can't remember our guide's name but she was tiny and softly spoken which made it hard to hear some of the things she was saying! However this did not spoil the experience of the tour. Brilliant! you see how and where the Chinese people live and try there food in there own community as well as the streets of Chinatown. Like the Bangkok tour you need to keep an open mind and just experience everything! As with the other tour we were both fine that night and the next day! A must tour to see how another culture lives and eat. Steve and Cheryl, England