Bangkok Rice Barge Canal Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chao Phraya River, 780/488 Charoen Krung Road, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
we head to the main pier along the River of Kings, the Chao Phraya River. This exciting tour gets off to a speedy start with a thrilling boat ride through the canals that lead out of Bangkok to idyllic rural settings. We will observe the scenery and witness the simple life of the friendly canal-side dwellers.
Whilst cruising, you will enjoy cold drinks, tropical Thai fruits and desserts, and assortment of nuts and drinks while you take in amazing views of the city, historical sites and landmarks along the river.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun), 34 Wang Doem Road Wat Arun, Bang Kok Yai, Bangkok 10600 Thailand
An English-speaking guide will point out the famous landmarks, Temple of Dawn (Wat Arun) . The name of Wat Arun literary means "Temple of the Dawn", but the most beautiful view of it can be seen from the east side of the river at sunset.
Pass By: The Grand Palace, Na Phra Lan Rd, Maharaj Pier next to Wat Phra Kaeo Temple Complex, Bangkok Thailand
You will see from the water (view only, no visit included) once used for different occasions; the Reception Hall, the Coronation Hall, the Throne Hall, the Royal Guest House and Wat Phra Kaew.
The architecture is predominantly Thai, though there are some European influences. The palace served as the official residence of kings of Thailand from the 18th to the mid-20th century. The most famous building within the palace grounds is Wat Phra Kaew and this is regarded as the most sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand. Construction of the temple began when King Rama I moved the capital from Thonburi to Bangkok in 1785. In the main temple building houses the Emerald Buddha. The Buddha is carved from a single piece of jade and is the most revered object in Thailand.
- Downtown Bangkok hotel pickup and drop-off
- A half day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Fresh fruit and refreshments during the tour
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This tour is operated on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis only with English-speaking guide.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- We are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- Due to the nature of this tour, we regret to inform you that this excursion is not suitable for wheelchair users.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Sand and water have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- We reserve the right to make necessary changes to the excursion in case of unfavourable weather conditions or situations where we are forced to make alterations to guarantee the safety of our guests.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 48 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- The actual trip commences from Bangkok’s Chao Phraya River from 14:30 hrs and takes approximately 2 hours.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- According to regulations set by the Port Authority of Thailand, we are unable to pick-up and drop off customers from main cruise ports such as the Klong Toey Cruise Terminal in Bangkok. Special permits are required to enter the cruise terminal premises
- Important Note : Royal Barge National Museum is temporarily closed from 14th July - 5th November and will be reopened on 6th November 2019
- Most travelers can participate
Pick-up was late and we had to be collected in a taxi eventually but there was good communication from the hotel's tour desk. The initial part of the trip was along the city's main waterway. Various locations were pointed out though this was done in a very repetitive manner. We then entered a canal klong where we could see at closer quarters where various communities lived. At one stage we were approached by sellers in small boats, paddling against the flow. They had a huge selection to sell. At another stage we were invited to bring good luck by feeding fish. They had a voracious appetite. Bread was for sale. We then left the boat and were directed to an uneven building site to await the rice barge. We were told the jetty wasn't strong enough to take the weight of the group. On board the rice barge the commentary continued. There was a fruit buffet with good choice and the fruits had name labels. We were offered a fruit cocktail with or without a potent spirit. A bar was open for the rest of the short trip but you would have to have been a serious drinker to get your money's worth. The on-board staff were charming. The trip passed a couple of hours but was expensive for what we received, especially as the trip was curtailed due to transport issues.